Home

Adjusting the screen size?

This is a discussion on Adjusting the screen size? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1
Adjusting the screen size?

I don't usually have technical issues like this but I am only getting about the top third of the XP ticker at the bottom of the screen. I adjusted the screen size in the PS4 settings to as small as it can get in order to obtain even the top third. I have looked through the Madden menus but perhaps I overlooked the option. Is there a screen size adjustment option within the Madden game that I have overlooked? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Adjusting the screen size?

Nothing in game. Could it be a TV option? My TV can zoom and crap. But i guess that would be an issue with every game not just Madden if that was the case.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
I don't usually have technical issues like this but I am only getting about the top third of the XP ticker at the bottom of the screen. I adjusted the screen size in the PS4 settings to as small as it can get in order to obtain even the top third. I have looked through the Madden menus but perhaps I overlooked the option. Is there a screen size adjustment option within the Madden game that I have overlooked? Thanks in advance.

About a year ago I had bought a new tv and had an issue with games being similar to what you describe. I couldn't figure it out and it drove me crazy. Ended up that I had somehow hit my "zoom" key on my remote control which changed the picture to pretty much how you describe.

Not sure about the tech part of it with ps4 etc... just may want to give your tv options via your remote and such a second look as to me it sounds like that may be the issue. Hope you are able to rectify your situation.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Thanks. I'll take a look at the zoom when I get a chance. I have 3 little kids so there is a lot of random button mashing going on with the remote. Every other part of the game seems lined up properly, just the in game ticker is off
Old 09-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

OVR: 0

I have this same issue. I have a 4 year old Vizio tv. Madden is the only game that is giving me this issue. I already checked the ps4 screen settings and I have it set not even close to the bezel of the screen. Not sure why this is happening
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Gjordan's Arena

OVR: 2

Same here. Checked all the above.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

I have fixed this issue. The standard 16:9 setting was not showing the whole ticker. The options on my tv were 16:9, 4:3, wide, or JUST SCAN. Using the just scan option alleviated the issue.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

A lot of TV's have a 16:9 option, and also a "screen fit (samsung)"type setting. Seams like Madden 16 is really optimized for the screen fit type settings where most of the past ones worked equally well on 16:9 or screen fit type settings.

I've always used the screen fit/full type setting, but many use 16:9 which is a bit more zoomed in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »