Home

Importing celebs and players photos in nba 2k16

This is a discussion on Importing celebs and players photos in nba 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

subway's Arena

OVR: 0
Importing celebs and players photos in nba 2k16

NBA 2k16 should have it like WWE 2k16 where players that are not in the game can be importing into the game. It is more easier to create that player. http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/yo...s-in-wwe-2k16/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Re: Importing celebs and players photos in nba 2k16

Yeah, I think photo scanning would be much easier for MyPlayers and CAPs. It would save a lot of time, and the stuff people would create would be amazing.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Much agreed. The face scanning was a little difficult and the results weren't always up to par.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

syk_skillz's Arena

OVR: 6

Face Scan actually worked great if you did it right. Perfect scans in NBA 2K15 needed the following for a great scan:
* Natural or Pure White lighting (not light bulbs with a yellowish tint)
* In green box only put eyes and nose (unlike what game says with full head in frame) since it gives scan greater detail due to face closer to camera.
* Move head VERY slowely during scan process.

Importing like WWE would be great especially how it 'looks' improved from 2k15 in the 2k16 version coming up for CAPs that aren't ourselves though like said before.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
Rookie

subway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk_skillz
Face Scan actually worked great if you did it right. Perfect scans in NBA 2K15 needed the following for a great scan:
* Natural or Pure White lighting (not light bulbs with a yellowish tint)
* In green box only put eyes and nose (unlike what game says with full head in frame) since it gives scan greater detail due to face closer to camera.
* Move head VERY slowely during scan process.

Importing like WWE would be great especially how it 'looks' improved from 2k15 in the 2k16 version coming up for CAPs that aren't ourselves though like said before.
NBA 2k can keep the face scan and import pics. It would be nice to import cap and players like Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

This picture scan technology has been available but if I remember correctly in reading about this a couple years ago there is some kind of legal issue. The issue isn't with the picture scan itself but with you using the athlete's name in the cap. Like I said because it was years ago I don't quite remember the exact context of what the legal issue was. Something along the lines of sports games circumventing getting a person's permission to use their name/image in a game. As I remember it wasn't clear if it would be a violation or not but gaming companies didn't want to even risk the legal hassles. Now it may be allowable now, IDK. Now that being said I do think it would be sooooo awesome if we could do this in NBA 2K.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

subway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitew33
This picture scan technology has been available but if I remember correctly in reading about this a couple years ago there is some kind of legal issue. The issue isn't with the picture scan itself but with you using the athlete's name in the cap. Like I said because it was years ago I don't quite remember the exact context of what the legal issue was. Something along the lines of sports games circumventing getting a person's permission to use their name/image in a game. As I remember it wasn't clear if it would be a violation or not but gaming companies didn't want to even risk the legal hassles. Now it may be allowable now, IDK. Now that being said I do think it would be sooooo awesome if we could do this in NBA 2K.
I am thinking it is a legal issue. But if WWE 2k can do it why not NBA 2k? WWE 2k and NBA 2k may have different rules IDK maybe that is why.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway
I am thinking it is a legal issue. But if WWE 2k can do it why not NBA 2k? WWE 2k and NBA 2k may have different rules IDK maybe that is why.
One uses a person's given, legal name (NBA), and the other uses a person's stage name (WWE). Maybe that's the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »