Home

2K16 Marketing Affect On You

This is a discussion on 2K16 Marketing Affect On You within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

AJenius06's Arena

OVR: 0
2K16 Marketing Affect On You

I was just thinking... I remember the days when gameplay for the upcoming 2K title was shown around the Finals or a few weeks after. Or the months leading up to the game release we would see a bulk of information about upgrades and other major details.

This time around, the process has been elongated. And I can't even lie. It's working.

The announcement of being able to play college ball, Pro Am, Franchise mode additions -- all of that being stretched out leading up, just weeks before the release -- has totally drawn me in. Nerve-wrecking, in a sense.

Just wondering if you guys like, love or hate how 2K has handled it's marketing this year and if it's made you more interested in the game or frustrated you even more -- I'm interested to know!?

PSN: AJenius06
In 2K, I'm Godly...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2K16 Marketing Affect On You

To be Honest I plan on getting the game regardless, BUT seeing gameplay wouldn't hurt either. I remember in the past watching gameplay vids at least 10x in a row to spot all that I can.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

It has exactly the opposite effect on me.

I think the gameplay has serious legacy issues that need to be addressed since years.

Not seeing/hearing absolutely anything about gameplay with less than a month until the relase (not even gamescom videos this year) , leads me to believe that gameplay has been overlooked again this year because they rather focus on things like spike lee or Stephen Curry chewing his mouthguard.

Unless they surprise us with a bomb like a new real time physics engine or a new AI system or something that finally pushes the gameplay to the next level, I'm not going to buy the game again.

This is actually going to be the 1st year that I skip the game since the 1st one on the dreamcast came out , unless they finally improve gameplay drastically.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I really don't care about the way they market the game. Makes no difference to me that I make my opinion on the game now or in two weeks when anyway I will only be able to buy it in a month. I'd like to have more gameplay info at this point but it is what it is.

Last edited by Vni; 08-31-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I find it annoying if anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
Banned

I'm disappointed this year. Check out nba 2k15 news from last year and than 2k16 news + don't forget the game comes also 11 days earlier. Ronnie2k said we get every single day news in August and sept "but we don't get" .. We got many screenshots but not much about the game, "New little Features" .. Ronnie2k give every day PD for MYTeam "2k15" but 2k16 is just 24 days away !! Why they do that ? I'm not hyped at all for this game and i have also not preorder yet ..
Old 08-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
It has exactly the opposite effect on me.

I think the gameplay has serious legacy issues that need to be addressed since years.

Not seeing/hearing absolutely anything about gameplay with less than a month until the relase (not even gamescom videos this year) , leads me to believe that gameplay has been overlooked again this year because they rather focus on things like spike lee or Stephen Curry chewing his mouthguard.

Unless they surprise us with a bomb like a new real time physics engine or a new AI system or something that finally pushes the gameplay to the next level, I'm not going to buy the game again.

This is actually going to be the 1st year that I skip the game since the 1st one on the dreamcast came out , unless they finally improve gameplay drastically.

Really hard to get videos of a game that wasn't at the event... Also on the next part of that statement the stuff about Spike Lee and Steph's mouthguard. The 3 have NOTHING to do with each other. There are multiple departments that work on this game, like gameplay, art, story, rosters, MyTeam, MyLEAGUE, MyGM (maybe but probably the same department as MyLEAGUE), etc. The gameplay department doesn't have anything to do with getting Steph Curry's mouthguard or a Spike Lee story.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
I'm disappointed this year. Check out nba 2k15 news from last year and than 2k16 news + don't forget the game comes also 11 days earlier. Ronnie2k said we get every single day news in August and sept "but we don't get" .. We got many screenshots but not much about the game, "New little Features" .. Ronnie2k give every day PD for MYTeam "2k15" but 2k16 is just 24 days away !! Why they do that ? I'm not hyped at all for this game and i have also not preorder yet ..
Huh? There was a huge blog about all of the changes they made to My League and My GM. The announcement of 2k Pro Am and several classic teams announced. How is that "little features"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »