Home

The Mercenary Football League (A MUT15 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on The Mercenary Football League (A MUT15 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

OVR: 0
The Mercenary Football League (A MUT15 Dynasty)

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I've always been intrigued by MUT but never really connected with the mode before. I thought a great way to connect would be to give it a story line. Please let me know what you all want to see here. I think it'll be entertaining. I'll be selling everything I have accumulated in MUT (Not much, Ill let you know how many coins I end up with.) To simulate Michal taking over a team that doesn't exist when he's hired as GM and letting you guys know what scrubs I get to fill out the team. Where we go from there is still a little up in the air, we'll play some solo challenges, play a MUT season if you guys want to see that, and just follow the story of Michal Roland as he tries to become the most powerful GM in the MFL. Hope you all enjoy!

From the personal journal of Michal Roland.

July 25th, 2015

The mercenary Football League is the game of the future, Football at it's highest level. In a way the NFL never could. Dynamic movement of players, teams, coaches, even stadiums week to week. The rock of your franchise now is your main personnel man. Because any player, team name, stadium, uniform, coach, or playbook is now available for a price. The prices are fluid and the deals are done lightning fast. These personnel men are now the center of your franchise. The owners put their faith and trust in these men and women and expect them to deliver a winning team every week, or find a new job.

Personally I never thought we'd see the day. Something personnel guys, fantasy football fanatics, and lounge chair GM's had dreamed about for years. A completely fluid league. No longer are players locked into multi-year contracts, If you can keep a player on your team for more than 10 games these days you consider it a blessing and hope they play well or else it's your job on the line and you'll be looking for a new one real quick.

I love the new league, I love everything about it, it's dynamic and fast paced, and for once it puts as much a spotlight or even more of one on the GM as it does on the coach or the players. Growing up I was slow, a little doughy, and very unathletic. My love for football never got further than a dangerous obsession with madden football, That is until my freshman year in college. The year the MFL was born, The NFL had been in a lockout that had just cost them a whole season, unheard of but the players were dug in as were the owners. People wonder if they would have worked it all out had it not been for Trump. The Donald life long football fanatic put out an open call to other multi billionaires who loved football, Let's call up some players and a coach get a couple teams together and do some exhibitions.

People went wild, Football was back after a whole year, and watching their favorite players bounce between different teams was exhilarating. The MFL was born, and no one has looked back since. I spent four years of college interning with, calling, begging, writing, any and every MFL GM who would bother to speak to me. I knew this new league could be my ticket to a lifetime involvement with the game I loved.

The summer after I graduated from Kentucky Wesleyan Adam Brice called me GM of a team owned by Elon Musk, The Tesla Titans. He needed an assistant, someone to bring him coffee, follow him around, and do whatever he was told. He had found his man. I followed him around for two years until he got canned for a seven game losing streak where Elon claimed he wasn't able to evaluate talent properly. The Titans cleaned house and I got axed. Luckily I had made friends in two years and Robert Kraft one time NFL owner and new owner of the Kraft Krusaders needed a numbers guy to keep track of the books and make sure everyone got paid. It wasn't much but it was a step up so I moved out to Boston where the team was based and spent 18 months under the supervision of Pedro Gonzalez a one time power agent who had moved into the front office during the birth of the MFL. He taught me everything there was to know about team chemistry and understanding how all the players had to mesh well especially in a league where players were with a team on average for only 6 games.

Pedro recommended me for my first real power position last year. Assistant GM of Mark Cuban's Dallas Sharks, They weren't a very good team, mostly because Mark had been the acting GM for the past two years. While a solid football mind he had too many other things on his mind to be worrying about the day to day operations of a football team. We could have made something great there in Dallas if he had given me a little more leeway, but every move I suggested had to go through him and his board and it was just to clunky to get in and out of the player market in a league like this. Things move to fast for a team to run as anything other than a dictatorship.

Regardless Herbert Simon, the Simon mall guy, who just bought a stake in the league after the last season closed has offered me the job of GM of his new team. Only problem? The team has nothing. No players, no coach, no playbooks, no stadium, nothing. He wants me to start from scratch. And he wants me to win 6 of our first 16 games. Or else I get the boot.

Sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one. Never one to shirk a challenge, I happily accepted my first position as GM of a football team. Now I just had to give it a name, and a logo, and a coach... players.... stadium.... I have a lot of work to do!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Re: The Mercenary Football League (A MUT15 Dynasty)

Michal Roland is sitting down for a meeting with Herbert Simon in an office overlooking downtown Indianapolis, The city is buzzing with the news that football will be returning with Simon's purchase of Lucas Oil Stadium late last month. News is spreading that Simon has intrusted the new franchise to the hands of an untested first year GM and the people of the Hoosier state worry whether the new franchise will be able to survive and attract talent in this cut throat league.

“Hello Michal, hows it goin?” Herbert asked in his quiet midwestern drawl. Michal walked in and sat across a massive dark oak wood desk from his new boss.

“Well sir, I've found a place to live, and I've got the keys to the stadium and the offices, so I'm ready to get started working on our football team. I just want to make sure we're on the same page with the specifics.” Michal was a practical man and a focused one. He knew the challenge of putting together a team in the few summer months before games began in the fall. He would have to field a team before he could begin trying to get them some good games this season. It wasn't like the old NFL days where the schedule was made up for you, Michal and his staff would be responsible for finding enough opponents to make the season a success.

“Of course of course, I'm a practical man Michal, but I do love a winner. This city loves a winner, and they need one again. How you go about doing that will be mostly up to you.” Herbert spoke with a firm voice, his drawl was pronounced but the way his eyes locked into his target showed the confidence brought about from a lifetime of success.

“An we'll have a winner sir, but for now I need to know how much you are wanting to spend this year to get this thing off the ground I'd say we'll need about 5 mil at least. Players are cheaper than they were in the old days. But we need a coaching staff, uniforms, equipment managers, all of it we've got nothing but a field right now.” Michal really felt like 10 million would have been better but he knew he'd never get that much from the old Mall mogul.

“Well Michal I'll be honest with you, I'm not going to commit that much to you right now. I'll tell you what, I'm going to give you 2 million, and let you keep all profits from the team to keep it up and running.” Show me your a winner and the money you want will come along all on it's own.” Herbert knew that he was drastically hamstringing his young GM but he wanted someone able to run a football team in good circumstances and in bad ones. He was going to start with the bad ones. If this young hot shot couldn't pull it off, well there were dozens more just like him waiting for their shot too.

“2 million sir? I don't know what caliber of team you're expecting. But I don't know that we can meet your goal of 6 wins out of the first 16 that way.” Michal was starting to sweat, feeling that his owner may just be setting him up to fail.

“Well Michal, if we can't get it done then we can't get it done. But as my mama always said, can't never could do anything.” With that Herbert stood up and dismissed the young man. Time would tell what caliber of team Herbert was bringing back to the state of Indiana. If it wasn't up to par the city would tell him about it. Loud and clear.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Alright so after quickselling the little MUT items I had and replacing them with the cheapest bronze players I could find I end up with a 58 ovr all team. and 21,232 coins. I'll be buying everything but the stadium as I already had Lucas Oil and the team being in Indiana is part of the story. Ill be giving an overview of the team once I've spent up what little money I have on building out the team. Meanwhile let me know what sort of games you'd like to see this team play! Online seasons? Specific solo challenges?

As we go through we'll be following the main story of Michal Roland, in addition we'll be keeping track of whoever is on the team at the moment, the bigger stories of the MFL and our overall record and statistics as well as we can in MUT.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Records Notes and Stats!

• Team Rating: 68 Ovr
  • Style Rating: SR 14
  • All-Time Record: 1-0
  • Seasons Record: 0-0
  • Solo Challenge Record: 1-0
  • Current funds: 8,132
  • Current Uniforms: Ravens (A) Browns (H)
  • Current Coach: Mike McCarthy
  • Current Playbook Off. Titans
  • Current Playbook Def. Ravens
  • Best Player Off: Richie Incognito 76 OVR LG
  • Best Player Def: Alfonzo Dennard 77 OVR CB

Player acquisitions and releases

Spoiler

Last edited by Wildcat9; 09-02-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Indiana Stallions Current Roster

Indiana Stallions Depth Chart - 2015
Regular Offense

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRAce SandersJosh Cooper

TEZach SudfieldJosh Harris

LTWill BeatyGuy Whimper

LGRichie IncognitoCody White

CGino Gradkowski Cody White

RGBryant BrowningCody White

RTRickey Wagner Guy Whimper

WRMarkus WheatonTavarres King

QBCase KeenumTyrod TaylorJordan Palmer

FBQuenn JohnsonWill Tukuafu

HBJordan TodmanJoseph Randle

Base 3-4 Defense

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDELawrence GuyGregg Scruggs

NTIan WilliamsJesse Williams

RDECam JohnsonDemarcus Dobbs

LOLBChris CarterDee Ford

LILBMark HerzlichDee Ford

RILBAkeem JordanDee Ford

ROLBDan SkutaDee Ford

CBAlfonzo DennardMarc Anthony

SSCorey LynchRay Ventrone

FSDuke WilliamsRay Ventrone

CBJerome MurphyRashaan Melvin

Special Teams

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KCaleb Sturgis

PSpencer Lanning

PRAce Sanders

KRAce Sanders

LSRichie Incognito

Last edited by Wildcat9; 09-02-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

interesting idea, following
Old 08-31-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Great to hear it!! Finished acquiring the team last night and played a solo challenge to get a feel for them will have some new stuff up after work today!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Michal Roland has been up for the better part of seventy-two hours now, his ear glued to his phone and his eyes glued to his laptop. He's been working nonstop, trying to pull the team together and now he stands before his new coach Mike McCarthy, Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, and Def. Coordinator John Harbaugh. All three of them one time head coaches in the NFL these gentleman represent the best coaching Michal could afford. Great coaching is undervalued in the MFL people feel that with contracts as short as they are an expensive big name coach isn't worth it. Flexible coaches are the rage now people who can adapt their systems to any player. Michal isn't so sure that's what it's cracked up to be. He understands the importance of strong leadership and will look to these men to provide it at least for the foreseeable future.

“Gentlemen, I hope your days have been more restful than mine. It's good to see you all, please have a seat grab yourselves something to drink if ya need it.” Michal said as he collapsed into the ultra high-end office chair he had insisted upon. If you were going to work as much as he was a comfortable chair was a must.

Mike was the first to sink into the semi circle of chairs arranged around Michal's modest desk in the upper reaches of Lucas Oil Stadium. Soon John and Ken joined him and the room was filled with the sounds of football knowledge, and war stories being swapped.

Ken had never believed the NFL could fail, spent two years stupefied before trying to catch on in the new league. Hopped around with the Miami-Dade county Warriors for a dozen games or so but the GM didn't think his system was flashy enough.

John had attempted to jump into the MFL right from the beginning trying to instill his workman like attitude onto the flashy L.A. Sonic's but in fighting, poor management, and lack of capital made them one of the first MFL teams to fade into the abyss. After that John had spent a year with his brother Jim head coach of the Michigan Wolverines trying to bring them back to prominence which he did with his brother's help. Now John was looking to make it back to the pro's some how or another. Def. Coordinator would be a beginning but certainly not an end.

Then there was Mike, Mike McCarthy, Blessed with the gift of Aaron Rodgers in the NFL he was a big name coach. Without him, he was a poor clock manager, who didn't value the running game or defense nearly enough as he should. So Mike was on the scrap heap, the reject pile, of coaches who couldn't cut it in the new age MFL.

Michal didn't care, these were guys with excellent football knowledge, great leaders, and great men, Maybe separately they couldn't compete in this new league, but Michal knew, he just knew that if they worked together they could build something special.

“Well boys, now that we're all together, all relaxed, let's get down to my favorite part. Let's make a big board, I need to know about the kind of personnel you want and need, which players you think are being undervalued and who you think we can get to give our team some sort of a fighting chance.” Michal could see the coaches eyes light up, What football lover didn't cherish the opportunity to build a team completely in their own image. “Oh one more thing, we've only got about 1.8 million left after staff salaries to build out the team, so let's think high value guys here okay?”

The coaches went ballistic. “What do you mean we've got 1.8? You can't buy a decent Offense for 1.8! Hell you couldn't buy yourself a decent line for that number!” Mike and Ken were both red in the face, instantly the fun left the room.

“Michal, with all due respect, did you call us here to embarrass us? Or just to waste our time?” John asked the only one not yelling. Since Michal didn't much care for histrionics he decided to adress John first.

“John, I'm not here to embarrass you and I certainly didn't set the budget. The owner has informed me that we have 2 million dollars and whatever money we make. He's not taking a cut of it for himself, as long as we cover our own expenses we are in a way autonomous from any ownership group that may hinder our ability to pounce on a player who pops up unexpectedly. Think about the possibilities a team run completely by football men with no interference.” Michal could see the idea starting to appease some of the yelling.

“Is that what you are Michal? A football man? Or are you just a gussied up agent who never could cut it in the NFL?” John was still quiet, still sitting, but the words cut deep. Michal hadn't expected the attack.

“I'm a football man through and through, I'll talk to you about the x's and o's just as easily as I will about the johnny's and joe's trust me.” Michal hoped that would be enough to appease his steely eyed def. Coordinator.

“I guess I'll have to for now.” John said and then “ If we're gonna run a 3-4 we should try and get Dan Skuta he's a solid rush end and a solid character guy. See what kind of money he wants.”

And with that the room was filled with football talk again, they may not like the budget now, but the coaches knew the possibilities were unlimited with no owner to take a cut of the money their team would make. That is, if they could build a team who actually won anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »