Home

Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

This is a discussion on Draft Champions Idea (Patch?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

So this year I absolutely LOVE the Draft Champions game mode. It allows me to customize and micromanage my team with a relatively high degree of risk/reward in each draft. Every game feels unique because you never quite meet the same combination of players twice, and the pain of losing is alleviated by the fact that you get to draft another team!

That being said, I would like to see just a couple things added to the mode. The first is pretty obvious and I think everyone would agree: Draft Champions needs to allow you to play against your friends, both locally and online. The lack of this feature was an extreme oversight, one that I hope they can fix in a patch.

Another change I would like to see implemented would be to add two more rounds after drafting your coach. In one round, you choose a team's jersey. In the other, you draft a team's playbook. These two things would add even more variety, customization, and replay value to an already incredible game mode.

And finally, add more players of all types: Base team players (those 72 overall guys), mid level, elite, and legends. This is my main gripe with the mode, your undrafted starters lack variety and show up far too often. Even if I choose the same coach every time, I should get a slightly different base roster each time!

I really hope EA can add some (if not ALL) of these features in through a patch or (free) DLC at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

I like the idea of playing with the playbooks you are dealt with. And aren't the uniforms determined by your fav team?
Old 08-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Chosing coach is choosing playbook. i like the select jerseys and a select stadium would be cool and weather would be cool
Old 08-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
So this year I absolutely LOVE the Draft Champions game mode. It allows me to customize and micromanage my team with a relatively high degree of risk/reward in each draft. Every game feels unique because you never quite meet the same combination of players twice, and the pain of losing is alleviated by the fact that you get to draft another team!

That being said, I would like to see just a couple things added to the mode. The first is pretty obvious and I think everyone would agree: Draft Champions needs to allow you to play against your friends, both locally and online. The lack of this feature was an extreme oversight, one that I hope they can fix in a patch.

Another change I would like to see implemented would be to add two more rounds after drafting your coach. In one round, you choose a team's jersey. In the other, you draft a team's playbook. These two things would add even more variety, customization, and replay value to an already incredible game mode.

And finally, add more players of all types: Base team players (those 72 overall guys), mid level, elite, and legends. This is my main gripe with the mode, your undrafted starters lack variety and show up far too often. Even if I choose the same coach every time, I should get a slightly different base roster each time!

I really hope EA can add some (if not ALL) of these features in through a patch or (free) DLC at some point.

Love your ideas.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i tend to agree with you on all points beside the playbook one! your coach is your playbook wich is good because you have big decision to make there!...but the uni round would be a big add...yes we have our favorite team jerseys but i like playing other jerseys too just like in mut
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 01:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Playing against friends including local would make a big difference in this mode. I had a friend over on Sunday for a fantasy draft and if we could have gone round after round picking our teams it would have been awesome.

I think we'll start seeing more players as the MUT card database grows, but yeah they need to shuffle up the standard teams a bit more. Sanchez and Cassell aren't the only two mediocre QBs to put on there.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

OVR: 4

I think EA should focus on the core values of football in terms of a patch first, and then worry about the "fantasy" aspect 2nd IMO. Get the real football bugs out first and then you guys can have your fun with Peyton manning and Dez Bryant on the same team

Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
I think EA should focus on the core values of football in terms of a patch first, and then worry about the "fantasy" aspect 2nd IMO. Get the real football bugs out first and then you guys can have your fun with Peyton manning and Dez Bryant on the same team

I'd agree if that were the choice, but different programmers work on different parts of the game. The guy making DC work online would not be the same guy working on CCM progression or tuning aggressive catching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »