Home

Having fun making my Madden 17 wishlist as I impatently wait for the patch :)

This is a discussion on Having fun making my Madden 17 wishlist as I impatently wait for the patch :) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Having fun making my Madden 17 wishlist as I impatently wait for the patch :)

I am waiting for this patch so I can play my cfm Here is my wishlist for them to work on for the next year.

Immersion:

1. More action in the crowds (walking up and down)(Close Ups)(Tailgating)
2. Based on franchise popularity/record/score, having the stadium empty.
3. A second announcer crew
4. More/better populated sidelines
5. Ticker including scores of games around the league, highlights of games around league during halftime.

Gameplay
1. Better special teams action

CFM
1. Revamp injury system, include doctors and add season lingering injuries, surgery decisions, injuries be included in drafts for scouting rookies. Add injury histories for players to impact their injury risk like torn acls etc.
2. Legit game scouting before each game. Decisions like how DBs play WRs etc.
3. More coaching positions like DB coach etc.
4. Training camp part of off season.
5. RPG element to the game during season like locker room issues or free agency. Or to owner mode like letting hard knocks film your training camp, makes you a ton of money and publicity but might hamper team morale.

Am I missing anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Having fun making my Madden 17 wishlist as I impatently wait for the patch :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithxace
I am waiting for this patch so I can play my cfm Here is my wishlist for them to work on for the next year.

Immersion:

5. Ticker including scores of games around the league, highlights of games around league during halftime.

Gameplay

CFM
1. Revamp injury system, include doctors and add season lingering injuries, surgery decisions, injuries be included in drafts for scouting rookies. Add injury histories for players to impact their injury risk like torn acls etc.
5. RPG element to the game during season like locker room issues or free agency. Or to owner mode like letting hard knocks film your training camp, makes you a ton of money and publicity but might hamper team morale.

Am I missing anything?
These are what I like about the wishlist you have so far.
I really liked this on 2k5
1. Better special teams action.
Agreed I was just thinking about this When is the last madden that you had a punt blocked or a blocked field goal? I know in the NCAA game I had a few but I don;t remember really ever having them blocked on Madden. I would also like to see better blocking on returns.

On Immersion I would like to see the draft or at least for you getting drafted in the CFM where you walk the stage and hold the jersey up type of a thing.
On Game play one of my things is gang tackling. I know its sometimes in the game but not enough for my liking.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Having fun making my Madden 17 wishlist as I impatently wait for the patch :)

Quote:

Am I missing anything?
No not this. No more RPG elements to the game. That's the problem we have now with this XP system. The game is going more and more like an RPG all the time.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

eaglesfan20's Arena

Quote:

Immersion:

Gameplay

CFM

Am I missing anything?
I like alot of what you have listed - the ticker, improved special teams play, training camp

for me it would be a few little things, I only play single player Franchise

- I would love a 53 man roster and a practice squad
- having to select the 46 active players for game day, and having the others inactive for that game
- formation substitutions should be included outside of an actual game, or at least have an option to turn that on and off by a leagues commissioner

I also would like to see a better distinction of superstars or spectacular players, maybe they could add something back like madden 08 or like 2k does with their basketball game

do not get me wrong though, this is probably the best madden I can remember playing in a long time and I enjoy playing it but there could still be improvement
Old 08-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I think it's way too early to do this... However, that being said... My top 2 features are:

- Full NFL roster sizes, including practice squads, actives/inactives on gameday etc. This is a MUST. Enough of the roster limitations

- In game real tickers/updates from other franchise mode games.

Those are the two biggest items for me. I don't care about anything else really. I just want to be able to manage my team's roster and practice squads the way real NFL teams do. I'd also like to see updates from other games while in my franchise mode game as well.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Immersion:

I try to skip all this stuff. I don't want more of it. I want to play the game, not watch little scenes that don't matter.

Quote:
Sure why not.

Quote:
YES
Yes
Sure, but this is a big change to how/when games are simmed for people playing single/offline franchise mode or in leagues that aren't full. I'm not saying it's a "bad" idea, just that it's not a small thing. And they'd have to sim based on the time games are played vs when your game is supposed to be played (afternoon, morning, evening, Monday night) and what happens when the guy in the league plays his Monday night game first and you then okay your Sunday morning game. Should you see all the scores? Should you see the scores as they happened based off the sim triggered by the Monday night game? There's a lot of things to consider and I can understand why this feature could be delayed/put off.

CFM
Quote:
I like the idea of injury history playing into injury risk.

Quote:
I like the idea of more scouting and comparing positions. I'd like them to bring back the ability to put a DB on a specific WR all game long, that was taken away how long ago and not bright back yet?

Quote:
They'd likely just implement it as a limited set of weekly prep. Not sure how much more this would add to the game.

Quote:

No no and please no again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #7
Rookie

To add to my injuries wish. I think it should be common to have a injury list full of probables. By week 16 having 10 players with probables and each only suffer a -3 or -5 to a few stats should give the player more of an incentive to sit his starters for that meaningless week 17 game.

Goes with the quarterback. If the quarterback is getting hit 30 times a game all season, he shouldn't be fresh by the end of the season.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
Rookie

MaddenFan676's Arena

I feel its too early to talk about Madden 17 and was also surprised to see a blog on Madden 17 sharing fan-made cover and features wishlist http://madden17news.com/ . Right now we should enjoy playing Madden 16 start talking about its successor in December or early next year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »