Home

HCL & KUMITE - the lighter side of MMA

This is a discussion on HCL & KUMITE - the lighter side of MMA within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

bjh909's Arena

OVR: 5
HCL & KUMITE - the lighter side of MMA

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while, including in one of my older threads (The FIFA Project), but I wanted to share a fun and cool project I've been working on that seems perfect for this community.

Since 2012, I've been using the UFC Undisputed 3 game for the 360 to make my own simulated parody MMA shows, under the title HCL (Human Cockfighting League, referring to the old derogatory term for MMA). All the fighters are made-up CAFs with absurd backstories, fights are simulated, and the shows are shown on a Hitbox streaming channel with live commentary as a satire of MMA.

HCL shows are once a month, and this Sunday is the next one, HCL 43: Decimate the Weak. Here's the hype video I made:

In 2014, I decided that while HCL was fun, it needed a rival. Enter KUMITE.

KUMITE is to HCL as PRIDE was to UFC. A Japanese competitor. The main difference here is that instead of championship titles, the promotion centers around 16-man tournaments, with the winner considered the champion (though the title is not defended). Again, it's complete satire, and PRIDE mode is super fun, so it makes for fun simulations.

Here are some links if you're interested:
http://hcl.wikia.com/ - A full-on Wikia page detailing all the fighters, shows, results, champions, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/HCLfights/playlists - Every fight from all shows since 2012 are on this YouTube page, organized by show in playlists.
http://hitbox.tv/irmstream - This is where we live stream. We also do pro wrestling and soccer, among other things on the channel, but here's where the live streams of the full shows is. HCL is typically Sunday nights, KUMITE Thursday nights.

So I hope there's some people who might find this sort of stuff funny, interesting, and worth checking out or spreading the word. Thanks!

Last edited by bjh909; 08-27-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

bjh909's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: HCL & KUMITE - the lighter side of MMA

HCL 44: Grasping At Nothing is LIVE TONIGHT on http://hitbox.tv/irmstream. The main card begins at 8pm ET, with the 2 prelim fights starting at 7:30pm ET.

VIEW THE FULL CARD HERE

The show is headlined by a huge Light Heavyweight Title fight between 2-time champion Teddy Grabowski, moving his old-timey boxing skills to the cage. He'll defend against the knockout machine, former Hungarian children's TV host turned chronic paint-huffer Pappy Goulash!

Plus many more fights, including the finals of the Welterweight Contender Tournament as ship captain Roosevelt Hazelwood puts his undefeated (at 170 lbs) record on the line against cheese magnate Francois Gorgonzola!

Also the semifinals kick off to find a new #1 contender for the HCL Heavyweight Championship. Former champion Jorgi Magumbo takes on chemistry professor Artemis Kroop, while cab driver Phil Nasseri battles television chef Enzo Antonioni, with each fighter two wins away from a shot at champion Lamar O'Neal!

You don't want to miss this jam-packed event!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »