Home

Question for those who honestly thinks Live is better than 2k

This is a discussion on Question for those who honestly thinks Live is better than 2k within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Souf Centrol's Arena

OVR: 0
Question for those who honestly thinks Live is better than 2k

OK, so I have a friend who says 2k is garbage and live is amazing. We always go back and forth on it. I really don't see what he likes about the game(live 15 and below). It has certain things that shine but as a whole, there's alot lacking for me. His little brother gets in on it too....although his whole focus is on how it looks than how the game plays. I know he sucks at 2k and I think that's more of the reason why he doesn't like it.

I really want to hear from like minded people and find out what makes the live series better than 2k? Let's say, the past 5 years. I guess those that like both games can chime in too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question for those who honestly thinks Live is better than 2k

We do not need threads like these as they will just get out of hands.

The majority will say 2K is superior but Live is catching up with each iteration improving year on year.

Just appreciate we have 2 games, that's the reason why 2K are bringing it this year because they never know what Live will pull out of the bag.

We could be avid football fans and only have 1 game with minor improvements year on year. I feel for them.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:35 AM   #3
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

This thread will unfortunately be locked. Hoping it would just get moved to the other basketball section for further discussion.

The first thing that comes to mind is the controls in Live is more responsive. It is not an animation heavy game as seen with 2K. That's the one thing EA has always focused on -- giving the user full control. Accessories wise, EA puts a lot of emphasis on them including details in the shoes. Their arenas are modeled fairly accurate. Those are the things that immediately come to mind.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This thread definitely won't last long....but I will say this:

I don't really care....I rather let these guys compete for my money then try to champion one over the other....neither one of these companies are paying me enough to do that....though if they're willing to I'm down to ride for he highest bidder!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Comes down to a matter of perspective of the player. Some people just want something different and are tired of 2k. I think that's what it comes down to. It's not a knock on 2K at all, some people just want another great game to play. I think Live does many things better, and 2k vice versa. That's the joy of having 2 games, I love having options and competition is great for both sides to make each game better. I love both franchises actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Souf Centrol's Arena

I'm confused why the thread will be locked when I'm not bashing nor trying to get anyone else to bash Live. I'm genuinely asking a question. There are people that really prefer Live over 2k, like my friend
Old 08-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf Centrol
I'm confused why the thread will be locked when I'm not bashing nor trying to get anyone else to bash Live. I'm genuinely asking a question. There are people that really prefer Live over 2k, like my friend
Potential reason for locking this particular thread, and threads concerning two games of the same genre made by different companies is because it ultimately causes too much ruckus and bickering among forum members. Reasonable valid topic discussion gets side track with immature responses. The whole fanboy fangirl advocate doesn't help matters.

Definitely, definitely do not take it personal. It's not your specific thread.

For future references, if you wanted to create a topic comparing two different games, simply post in the "other" section rather than say, Live forum or 2k forum. The same goes with NFL2k and Madden. NBA2k forum is a safe haven for 2k fans; Live forum is a safe haven for Live fans. Talking about Live in 2k forum will only bring out the 2k fans in full force, and vice versa.

I personally don't like it but it's just the way things are here on operationsports.

EDIT: Your thread has been moved to the 'other' section. So it seems it's going to stay open for discussion. Good.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-30-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

well, when it comes to basketball. i roll with 2k. when i want "full control" and customization, i roll with live, but we'll see what happens in the next few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »