Home

What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

This is a discussion on What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

Hey all, we're a month from release, so now 2k is going to start releasing info. The SimHangout with Czar, OG, Rashidi, Gonzo, yours truly and guests will be starting back up. Leading up to the 2k release, we'd like to know your top ten hopes and/or concerns for NBA 2k16.

For example, I'm HOPING for balanced 5v5 Rec Center/Pro Am games with less lag. I think it's a point of focus for the team, so I'm not concerned about it.

I AM concerned about player movement. The characters feel so sluggish in this game when they don't have the ball it makes all forms of defense very gimmicky and not reaction based. This is without some of the hiccups like the way your own teammates set picks on you(should automatically use a "slip pick" type animation here) or how players walk backwards full court(unless you use turbo) and everyone's favorite, how passes make you automatically come to a full stop at the three point line.

I haven't heard anything about this and I'm hoping we don't have another year of the most athletic people in the world unable to change direction with any kind of agility.

Appreciate your feedback, guys. Here's hoping to a good year of sim basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

That I don't average 30 boards a game when player-locked.

I want the other players, on my team and theirs, to BOX OUT already!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Hey all, we're a month from release, so now 2k is going to start releasing info. The SimHangout with Czar, OG, Rashidi, Gonzo, yours truly and guests will be starting back up. Leading up to the 2k release, we'd like to know your top ten hopes and/or concerns for NBA 2k16.

For example, I'm HOPING for balanced 5v5 Rec Center/Pro Am games with less lag. I think it's a point of focus for the team, so I'm not concerned about it.

I AM concerned about player movement. The characters feel so sluggish in this game when they don't have the ball it makes all forms of defense very gimmicky and not reaction based. This is without some of the hiccups like the way your own teammates set picks on you(should automatically use a "slip pick" type animation here) or how players walk backwards full court(unless you use turbo) and everyone's favorite, how passes make you automatically come to a full stop at the three point line.

I haven't heard anything about this and I'm hoping we don't have another year of the most athletic people in the world unable to change direction with any kind of agility.

Appreciate your feedback, guys. Here's hoping to a good year of sim basketball.

I think this.. the footplanting may have something to do with the way the game moves? Simply because old gen feels so much better in this aspect, so hopefully improved footplanting.

Also along with your thoughts on how the players should run back down court instead of waiting for someone to throw the inbounds pass every time just keep running downcourt.

Also im not sure what the issue is with 2k but why does it take the refs so long to give you the ball when inbounding, same as the players will pass the ball to someone at halfcourt if they have to just to not take the ball out and the guy tiptoes back to out of bounds. Kills any quick strike back if you want to.

Anyway, here's hoping to some improved defense and better rotations by teammates.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #4
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn i thought you went AWOL from 2k when Czars radio show stopped LOL

1. defensive player movement during online play

2. recovery speed of defenders too fast making zones more effective than man defense to guard 3pt shooters.

3. Shot blockers/rim protectors ignored. Dwight and Jordan might as well be benched in 2k15 cause they arent protecting the rim even with their high contest shot tendencies. They are most likely to get dunked on anyways by smaller players.

4. "magnetic/glue" on ball defensive animation making guys like korver elite defenders when using controlled. All you have to do is put defensive assist at 100 put chest on ball handler.

5. removal of baseline dunk animations that cant be defended. In 2k15 KD is better than vince carter in his prime when going baseline. Every defender in his path falls over.

6. Midrange jumper effectiveness. Patch 4 ruined defensive strategy. to where Rondo had to be feared on the perimeter. Mike Wang stated that this has been address but i need to see it to believe.

I will just stop right there for now. I think OG and Czar have addressed these issues.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Knickstapeforever914's Arena

5 hopes for me

1. Pro am is good balanced 5 V 5

2. The Myleauge online core mode works like its being advertised for example playoff atmosphere social media stat tracking etc...

3. My career not being a repetitive let down after the first season now that spike lee is on board seeing his genius in filmmaking alone the story should have a lot more focus on off the court activities as well as on the court

4. Proper filtering for logos and court designs pretty self explanatory lol

5. Ticker breaks news during games in online myleauge if a trade,signing,waiving, or rumor occur would bring good immersion to the mode if your not paying attention to your leauge chat while playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #6
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh, that's right: Czar, I know this isn't your field, but...

Rick Barry's free throw! Come on, guys! Why was that taken out?!

Of course, I do have perspective: I'd rather have a game that plays like PS3 2K14 and doesn't have an underhand free throw, than a game that plays like NBA Elite 11 or ESPN NBA Basketball and DOES have it.

Just...I've never gotten a straight answer on why it was removed. Was it discovered to be free-throw cheese or something, sort of like the 1-3-1 zone? Yeah, no one plays the 1-3-1, but Rick Barry's one of the all-time greats!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #7
MVP

For me it's Foot Planting. Foot planting is still not where it needs to be. You still have players sliding into position to receive passes (especially on inbound passes). Players feet shift or motion shift into position at times. I really hope this gets addressed in 2K16. It's the biggest issue I have with the game.

Will NBA 2K16 have dribble handoffs like Live 16? This is a huge part of basketball. They definitely have to get that in the game!

I would also add being able to break out of these canned animations would be huge!

I hope legends / classic players get the same graphical upgrade as current players. Obviously they can't scan legends but they can still upgrade the player models (especially MJ)

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-30-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #8
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopes

1. I hope rebounding/rim physics are varied and improved.

2. Player movement agility, acceleration, on ball and off ball have been worked on. Something about the start up to full speed doesn't look right. Sense of urgency and speed of plays

3. More subtle control on defense and offense, and less force field animations making the defense bounce back.

4. Better contest and rim protection that reflects reality.

5. I hope they have more realistic penalties for dribbling in traffic so better contact detection and interior passes.

6. They don't necessarily need physics but they need better contact detection to trigger some changes in shots

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »