Home

Want to go to Live so much...though no Classic Teams

This is a discussion on Want to go to Live so much...though no Classic Teams within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
Want to go to Live so much...though no Classic Teams

I bought Live last year, though I just feel I'm compelled to go back to NBA 2K, mostly due to lack of content. I want to see Live add classic teams from the past, this is one are that would definitely grow the fan-base. This year, 2K will have Euro teams, some college teams and about 30 classic teams. I'm just not into the Ultimate Team concept, just don't get into it at all. I thought Live for the most part was a blast to play last year, it was definitely more entertaining. On the fence...so just know that I enjoy mixing it up and playing against the classic teams of the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Want to go to Live so much...though no Classic Teams

Why do you feel you need to choose just one? Cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
Pro

Philstat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Why do you feel you need to choose just one? Cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, more so, just the time needed to invest to get good stats. I still play other games, X-COM, COD, PC strategy games, etc., it's more just the time needed to get fully immersed into the game. Like I would love to get Madden for example, though no way I could juggle the necessary time to play it and a basketball game. IMO, sports games are very time consuming, mostly requiring a good 45-60 minutes for each game play session.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
I bought Live last year, though I just feel I'm compelled to go back to NBA 2K, mostly due to lack of content. I want to see Live add classic teams from the past, this is one are that would definitely grow the fan-base. This year, 2K will have Euro teams, some college teams and about 30 classic teams. I'm just not into the Ultimate Team concept, just don't get into it at all. I thought Live for the most part was a blast to play last year, it was definitely more entertaining. On the fence...so just know that I enjoy mixing it up and playing against the classic teams of the past.
Interesting are those college teams able to be edited over for example if i wanted to create 30 All Time teams such as All Time Duke or Georgetown they would allow us to do this in the other game?

That's the main reason why I get the other game is because of the flexibility to use Classic teams and players.

If Live had that option to be honest I'd probably only get one game because I play the football games non-stop that i very rarely get through any franschise modes with just one NBA game let alone alone two.

They got 03 Mavs lined up this year with Dirk, Fin and Nash back together should be fun times.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

Philstat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Interesting are those college teams able to be edited over for example if i wanted to create 30 All Time teams such as All Time Duke or Georgetown they would allow us to do this in the other game?

That's the main reason why I get the other game is because of the flexibility to use Classic teams and players. They teams represented are Kansas, Michigan State and about 15 or so other college teams.

If Live had that option to be honest I'd probably only get one game because I play the football games non-stop that i very rarely get through any franschise modes with just one NBA game let alone alone two.

They got 03 Mavs lined up this year with Dirk, Fin and Nash back together should be fun times.
I'm not sure on that, I know the college teams are just generic college teams and don't have the actual players of their respective teams, due to the O'Bannon ruling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 12:06 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
No, more so, just the time needed to invest to get good stats. I still play other games, X-COM, COD, PC strategy games, etc., it's more just the time needed to get fully immersed into the game. Like I would love to get Madden for example, though no way I could juggle the necessary time to play it and a basketball game. IMO, sports games are very time consuming, mostly requiring a good 45-60 minutes for each game play session.
I hear you loud and clear, my man. Not just other games, but life in general really cuts into gaming time and like you said, with sports titles to get a good experience, typically takes around an hour (sometimes up to 2 hours for a game like MLB The Show) to play. It becomes harder to play multiple sports games, let alone multiple basketball games. It is the nature of the beast, but if you like a game enough, you'll find time to play it and I feel like the games today have a bit longer of a shelf life in that you don't need to buy sports titles every year, so if you spread your time with a certain game out to 2-3 years, it's a more robust experience.

I think there is room for both in your library if you are a big hoops fan. Not sure I'd pay more than $30 for Live, but you can have fun with the game and it can be a nice change of pace from 2K. With Live, I don't get as caught up in realistic stats and play just to have fun.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

That's the main reason why I get the other game is because of the flexibility to use Classic teams and players.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
IMO, sports games are very time consuming, mostly requiring a good 45-60 minutes for each game play session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Noah
Sean – We created a pick up basketball environment where games are to 21 (think LIVE Run from NBA LIVE 10), limited fouls and stoppages in play in an attempt to create play sessions that range from 9-12 mins in length.
NBA Live 16 is attempting to change the nature of the beast, with instant matchmaking and short yet rewarding online games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »