Home

The in-game confidence mechanic is completely broken (CFM).

This is a discussion on The in-game confidence mechanic is completely broken (CFM). within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The in-game confidence mechanic is completely broken (CFM).

Whether it's a display error or a true error is unclear, but it's pretty terrible either way. Not sure how something like this makes it past QA.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. They go in order starting with the 20-14 photo, which was taken after an ~80 yard TD pass to Martavis. Yes, even though the pass was to Martavis, Brown, Bell, and Ben got the ridiculous boost.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135653...57657145939129

And then randomly, when the game became a blowout, Brown and Bell dropped into single digits for their key attributes.

I hope it's a display error, but if not, this is a potentially game breaking bug that I hope is patched on Day 1.

Edit: For those not wanting to click link and look at photos, basically, when I scored a long play to take a 20-14 lead, all of my starters on offense got huge boosts to their key attributes, including some to well over 100. Leveon Bell, for example, became 99 trucking, 110 elusiveness, 111 bcv. As the game continued, it got worse. At 27-14, Bell was 105 trucking, 116 elusiveness, 117 bcv.

However, when the game hit 56-21, while Big Ben was still a broken beast (123 sac, 126 mac, 109 dac), Leveon was 120 trucking 3 (yes 3) elusiveness, 4 BCV, and antonio brown was 4 rte, 4 catch, 4 cit.

Last edited by Chimphoe; 08-21-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Re: The in-game confidence mechanic is completely broken (CFM).

Wow. And Bell/Brown weren't dead tired fatigued? Looking at those photos, they just....don't....make much sense.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Rookie

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html Here's another thread made yesterday about this..
Could mess up everyone's CFMs, hope this gets brought to attention and patched quick
Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Post this in the Bugs/Glitches thread. The Devs are looking there specifically for information on things that need to be fixed.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

better tweet @ ea lol thats insane
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Post this in the Bugs/Glitches thread. The Devs are looking there specifically for information on things that need to be fixed.
It looks like it's already been posted in there, but since that thread doesn't allow discussion, I was hoping maybe the community could discuss/test to see if it's a display error or something that impacts gameplay, and/or find a workaround.

My faith in EA actually fixing this quickly is very low.

Last edited by Chimphoe; 08-21-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Wow .. honestly this makes sliders much harder to manage now .. you can't compensate for that ..

This makes no sense, why would they even add something like this ..

A few ratings being upped during a game is fine if someone is rolling some good momentum but to have ratings go over 100 or even down to 4 is absolutely asinine ..
Old 08-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisFaithful
Wow .. honestly this makes sliders much harder to manage now .. you can't compensate for that ..

This makes no sense, why would they even add something like this ..

A few ratings being upped during a game is fine if someone is rolling some good momentum but to have ratings go over 100 or even down to 4 is absolutely asinine ..
My thought on the "4" rating is that the game wanted to keep upping the rating, but I hit some hard cap so it rolled it over starting at 1. Again, not sure if these are simple display errors or not. The high ratings did feel like they actually mattered, but really hard to say.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »