Home

CFM Rookies Not Adjusted To Stock Player Scale (EA Is Investigating)

This is a discussion on CFM Rookies Not Adjusted To Stock Player Scale (EA Is Investigating) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
CFM Rookies Not Adjusted To Stock Player Scale (EA Is Investigating)

Edit By ChaseB:

Stridah may be banned, but his topic can still be updated.

An EA developer has confirmed the team is looking into this issue...

------------------------------------------------

Well guys,

If you are a huge CFM user like myself, it seems like there may be some big issues this year. Several months ago i saw a post on here worrying about how EA was changing the speed & throw accuracy scale for stock players & how they would neglect to adjust their incoming rookies to match this. The thread was met with typical comments like...

"That would be typical EA"
"Let's wait and see, no company could be that stupid"
"Wait for more information"

Now the cat is out of the bag officially, each year of your franchise you will see multiple wide receivers and corners who come into the league with athletic skills that blow away the newly adjusted stock roster. You will have the Desean Jackson's and Odell Beckham's looking like slow poked compared to the 10+ 95 and higher speed receivers entering the league each year.

Think it is bad for just receivers and corners? Each year quarterbacks will come out as rookies with higher deep accuracy passing ratings then Aaron Rodgers.

What is so shocking about this issue, is people saw it comming MONTHS ago, and while EA claims to read our forums nothing was done or mentioned about this. If you are a CFM user this is a sad day, you can either hold off on your purchase, or buy it early and pray for a patch.

I know personally i will be keeping my wallet in my pocked praying for a patch that fixes this.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news people,

-Stridah

Last edited by ChaseB; 08-24-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: CFM rookies not adjusted to Stock Player Scale

So perhaps I missed it somewhere else in the forum, I've been really busy, but do you have either -

A - a link to a post from a user confirmed to have the game with impressions about Madden NFL 16 CFM to back this up, or

B - screenshots you took yourself to back up this allegation with some hard data

I'll wait a bit for you to provide either, but without one of the two, this thread is as good as locked.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
So perhaps I missed it somewhere else in the forum, I've been really busy, but do you have either -

A - a link to a post from a user confirmed to have the game with impressions about Madden NFL 16 CFM to back this up, or

B - screenshots you took yourself to back up this allegation with some hard data

I'll wait a bit for you to provide either, but without one of the two, this thread is as good as locked.
I did post a video in the q/a thread doing some quick ratings checks in year 3

Generated HB speed was fine. I didn't get too in with but every generated WR I saw was between 90-96 speed. There were backup generated QBs with 60s and 70s accuracy ratings but the two first first round QBs I saw had 80 deep accuracy. More than Rodgers right off the bat.

A goal of mine today is to sim to year 5 and do an in depth rating check

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I don't have the link, but I think Jare Bear (maybe, if I'm wrong, forgive me) posted in the Q&A thread that a lot of WRs come in with 95+ speed; the fastest RBs he's seen so far is a 91, and that one of the first round QBs he saw had an 80 DAC.

I haven't stayed up to date on that thread though so maybe more has been added to it by now.

Edit: Looks like JareBear answered this for himself lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-19-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

Generated HB speed was fine. I didn't get too in with but every generated WR I saw was between 90-96 speed. There were backup generated QBs with 60s and 70s accuracy ratings but the two first first round QBs I saw had 80 deep accuracy. More than Rodgers right off the bat.

Is it possible Rodgers' DAC went down? I was looking at the ratings spreadsheet earlier and I believe he and Ryan both had 80. I'd have to check again though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Here's a couple.

From this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=238&v=ZjhHqjV2npc
Old 08-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Also , in last nights GC Radio show, Shopmaster answered a question about this, but he sorta tried to dance around it and give an "excuse" for it. He said there are numerous players in drafts that come in with higher speeds than the stock guys(talking about wrs ), but that they cant catch or route run, and were all under like 70 overall....

Problem is, wrs dont need to be 80 overall to be good. We all know that. Also , you can put a guy thru game prep and get his catching up . With that high speed, they gonna be toasting the stock guys. Pathetic. I dont care how you want to defend EA here, this is what pisses us off so much at them year after year.Clear oversite, that any average player thinks of AHEAD of time, yet they somehow dont, year after year after year. How is it we can see the issue before hand and they cant?

There is no good excuse for this other than laziness or ignorance.Sorry , but if we can see it before hand and we arent making a game, people who are in the business of doing so should know better. This news SUCKS.So now we wil lhave yet another issue to deal with in CFM all year, because we know they wont be patching this .Why even bother changing the speeds or stock players if your not adjusting the dang draft players. Dang! Here we go again!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

I'll do you one better - I have the game, but no working XBOX One at the moment (check my Twitter feed for proof). I should have that fixed this evening, I'm going to Microsoft Store to get it exchanged as I'm still under warranty.

What I will do - I'll take a position group people care about, run a simple statistical analysis on all the out-of-the-box ratings, start an online CFM and sim it like twenty years, run the same analysis on same positions, and compare the two.

If someone beats me to this, that's cool too, but that's the definitive way to determine if the game has a problem one way or another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »