Home

Quick Pitching

This is a discussion on Quick Pitching within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Quick Pitching

I know this has been mentioned before but it doesn't appear balks will be turned on this year. Even when nobody is on base most relief pitchers can still throw you off by pitching quickly.

I know it's part of the game to some extent but there should be some sort of consequence if the pitcher is doing this on every pitch. Maybe control should take a hit if the pitcher doesn't consistently follow a certain cadence.

To counter, I really don't like doing the practice swinging and calling timeout stuff once per at bat. And, first person view rubs people the wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quick Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

To counter, I really don't like doing the practice swinging and calling timeout stuff once per at bat. And, first person view rubs people the wrong way.
This is really all you're going to be able to do to slow people down who are quick pitching you. I do the practice swing thing when I get down to 2 strikes, in the hope that the pitcher will be impatient and still pitch the ball even if he can't see the reticle. Sometimes he misses his spot and I get a good pitch to hit.

Now if he's using a slide step, I don't know about you, but I always lose a lot of control when I slide step. I usually end up hanging my pitches, and I would assume most people would too, so you should be getting something to hit.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

I find it really obnoxious, and in return I take my sweet time while on the rubber in order to show them how to play baseball like a gentleman.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

I don't really get the issue here. A shut out, double digit strikeout game still takes 45 minutes at the minimum which is way too long.

I hate to be cold but you guys should play offline or online matches against friends if you want to take 15 seconds at the plate between every pitch.

I feel the opposite, it's annoying when you have someone who needs to take a practice swing every pitch. If I notice someone doing this, I'll assume that they feel I'm pitching too fast and I'll slow down for them to be polite. But playing an hour and ten minute game isn't fun.

Last edited by takki; 08-17-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
I don't really get the issue here. A shut out, double digit strikeout game still takes 45 minutes at the minimum which is way too long.

I hate to be cold but you guys should play offline or online matches against friends if you want to take 15 seconds at the plate between every pitch.

I feel the opposite, it's annoying when you have someone who needs to take a practice swing every pitch. If I notice someone doing this, I'll assume that they feel I'm pitching too fast and I'll slow down for them to be polite. But playing an hour and ten minute game isn't fun.
I agree. I don't like guys who practice swing all the time. All I'm asking is 1/2 second pause for a pitcher to choose a pitch and maybe one second to gather themselves before making the pitch or take a slight hit in control.

I get notion on wanting to finish a game fast but some guys out there quick pitch for the main intent on messing up the batter. They don't put much thought in pitch selection or location because they know that if they pitch quickly they can get away with mistakes more time than often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ya I'd definitely want to see pitchers come to a set, turn on balks. And I don't really see a difference in playing two games or one in the same amount of time if they're fun or good games
Old 08-18-2015, 12:33 AM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't like taking practice swings constantly, but with so many guys quick pitching with men on base and without balks the game simply kills enjoyment at the very moment things should be fun.

Sad thing is that practice swing doesn't even register half the time unless you "quick practice swing" yourself.

I'm all for reasonable implementations for making game time shorter, but turning off balks is not it. Balk was implemented to slow the online game down exactly in those situations where people exploit the shortcoming, so I don't really understand why it's turned off.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki

Big difference in 15 seconds and what guys are actually doing. Honestly, just take that extra beat or 2 to pitch. It will cost an additional second tops, and doesn't piss off the batter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »