Home

Organic blocking in madden 16 idea

This is a discussion on Organic blocking in madden 16 idea within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Organic blocking in madden 16 idea

With madden 16 innovating organic gang tackles in this years game. Being able to have an unlimited number of defenders to be able to attach to the ball carrier. Why not bring the same concept to the offense side of the ball. What i am saying is let the O-line or receivers be able to attach to the ball carrier and aid him, meaning pushing the pile, pushing defenders off of the ball carrier (which is blocking to the whistle). Doing this would form blocking battles all game long making you the user be specific on what type of blocking you will need for your scheme or a certain play. The most important thing in this is that we will finally see real pile ons which happen in the NFL a good bit. I want to here you'll feedback on this topic so community come and give your opinion on this idea and share your thoughts about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Organic blocking in madden 16 idea

Generally I like this idea. I do notice however, that there is s bunch of open field tackling in Madden.

I think this feature would best fit in sliders that have tackling scaled lower.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2792
With madden 16 innovating organic gang tackles in this years game. Being able to have an unlimited number of defenders to be able to attach to the ball carrier. Why not bring the same concept to the offense side of the ball. What i am saying is let the O-line or receivers be able to attach to the ball carrier and aid him, meaning pushing the pile, pushing defenders off of the ball carrier (which is blocking to the whistle). Doing this would form blocking battles all game long making you the user be specific on what type of blocking you will need for your scheme or a certain play. The most important thing in this is that we will finally see real pile ons which happen in the NFL a good bit. I want to here you'll feedback on this topic so community come and give your opinion on this idea and share your thoughts about it.
I mentioned your idea in of those earlier Madden E3 video thread, and I believe certainly should be implemented. When the runner is at the one yard line or even near a first down marker, if the runner gets "held" up, surrounding offensive players should have the awareness to drive the pile forward.

Secondly, maybe it's simply the connotation of the word "attach" that I don't like. The way blocking is currently programmed in Madden, even Madden 16 videos, it's not the most organic. Every now and then, more natural looking, more organic looking blocking happens, but when I frequently see "attached" (suction, warping, motion shifting) blocking happens, it throws the immersion factor off and kills off the idea of organic blocking.

Clear examples could be seen in the offensive lineman "blocking" the defensive lineman. When both of these monsters on each side of the ball engage, they both warp, motion shift, and gets sucked to a point between the two of them. In order for true organic blocking to take place, team Madden needs to stop this "suction" blocking that goes on.

They need to have the offensive lineman "impede" the progress of the defensive lineman, and not simply "attach" to the defensive lineman and have an animation cue up.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
Banned

I was thinking if they can make all these new wr/db interaction animations why can't the do the same with OL/DL interactions? Line play still has a long way to go in this game, its still just block for a few seconds then the DL breaks off for a free run at the Qb.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I was thinking if they can make all these new wr/db interaction animations why can't the do the same with OL/DL interactions? Line play still has a long way to go in this game, its still just block for a few seconds then the DL breaks off for a free run at the Qb.
If I were a betting man, I'd say that this will be next year's big selling point. After all, you can only revamp one thing at a time, or else you end up with a ton of half-baked "features"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
Banned

I feel if they started mo-caping 11 men mo-caps that they would have some type of animation going between the DL and OL and that could be a start for bettering the war in the trenches. At least the animation would kick in on different scenarios to better replicate what happens on Sunday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »