Home

"Offline-Online" Seasons

This is a discussion on "Offline-Online" Seasons within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
"Offline-Online" Seasons

GM Connected is gone for Gen-4 users, but that shouldn't mean we can't have fun in a head-to-head league fashion.

What I propose is hard to explain, easy to do. I'm suggesting that we set up a league of online versus play, with games and winners tracked here on OS in the model of the NHL. If there is enough support, we could have a full 30-team league for each console. More likely, however, is that we can get an XB1 conference and a PS4 conference, with those playing in the mould of smaller leagues, with in-conference playoffs and finally a Stanley Cup.

Alternatively, we could set up a scoring table wherein for every win with "your team" (people can have multiple teams) you get credit for a win, competing against other users' championed teams to see which would claim the top spot. I prefer the first method, but this is a possibility as well.

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to do anything in the GM sense. But a lot of us are offline gamers anyways: we can do our GM offline, or on EHM or FHM. This is to merge to great community of OSers with the fun that is league competition.

What I ask from you now is simple. Questions, concerns, comments; I want to gauge interest. I've asked around to a few people and run through a number of problems with those people, arriving at different solutions for different problems that may occur.

As I said, this is hard to explain. By all means drop a question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Offline-Online" Seasons

How long would a season be? 2 games against each team (home and away) or...? Sounds really interesting however !
Old 08-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenkaz
How long would a season be? 2 games against each team (home and away) or...? Sounds really interesting however !
Thanks for the question/comment.

Season length is variable based on number of teams. I've thought of a way for it to work over the span of one roster update, the entire year, or heck, even a week. But obviously if I have 8 guys who can play a lot, we'll be able to play more games than 30 guys who only get a little time to play NHL 16 (not that there's anything wrong with that. Life comes first!).
Old 08-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Figured i'd respond in here instead of PM.

It definitely sounds interesting. I'd be down to give it a show if I get a PS4 around launch time, and get the game.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

I know we chatted a bit through PM, so you know I'd be interested!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I used to love the old 2k leagues. 8 or 12 teams. 15 to 20ish games. Play 2 games per week. Report your win loss.

Big fan of many short seasons. Completion of a season feels good. Then you carry that to a new one, pick a new team, etc.

The leagues I was in that folded were too long. My 2 cents. Many short seasons with 8 to 12 teams. Once you get to 20 30 teams, 60 games, guys don't show up, gets long, one team is 0-20, they disappear.

Sounds fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »