Home

No more easy green releases and they're no longer 100% in 2k16.

This is a discussion on No more easy green releases and they're no longer 100% in 2k16. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
No more easy green releases and they're no longer 100% in 2k16.

Just saw a topic on the regular 2k16 forums that said that green releases will be RARER to see and they'll NO LONGER be 100% makes.

Greatest news I've ever heard. Mike Wang stated that there will never be a patch 4 EVER again in 2k.

Greatest news of the summer. I think MyTeam and RTTP will finally be playable again! I think the only confirmation we need to ensure a great game mode is that the difficulty won't be on rookie anymore lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No more easy green releases and they're no longer 100% in 2k16.

Thank goodness.Sucked not to be able to leave a bad shooter a little open because he had a easy release.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #3
Pro

I've got mixed feelings about this.

The problem is more about the difficulty levels: in the lower seeds everything goes in which is horrible. In seed 1-2 PROPERLY contested shots rarely go in in my experience. Most of the time, not counting "one of those games" which i hate but at the end of the day those happen irl as well.

The only thing they really need to get rid of is the zigzag by improving defensive movement. That's the real problem. Then you can nerf the shooting slightly, HOWEVER i feel that people who make smart plays, drive/kick, extra passes, etc to get open looks should get rewarded. If they aren't then what's the point. Why go through all that effort (and extra risk for turnovers) if you'll be able to just turbo in and make a contested layup/dunk/shot at virtually the same percentage.

We'll see how it will work exactly but i got a feeling that this will just lead to everyone bulldozing to the basket once again like in 2k14. If they nerf open jumpers i hope they nerf the bulldozing as well.

And no, i generally don't take a lot of threes. Maybe 8 a game on average, sometimes 0, sometimes as much as 20. Depends on what my opponent gives me. If they're leaving my shooters wide open i'm not going to not take them, sorry.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
The only thing they really need to get rid of is the zigzag by improving defensive movement.
I think another thing that would help would be to make this kind of sustained dashing, back and forth, drain energy more dramatically as one would imagine it would in real life. If a point guard were to run back and forth at the top of the arc, as if doing mini suicide sprints for 15 seconds, every single possession, he'd have to take a breather pretty quickly and, after a while, it would probably diminish his ability to ever get back to a 100% state during that game.

For the same reason, it probably shouldn't be possible to use turbo even remotely as much as is possible during a game.

If one were to take Curry and "zig zag" around constantly, he should only be able to play, say, 75% of the minutes he would if expending his energy more deliberately.

Ability to stack one's lineup with Hall of Fame players 13 deep wouldn't necessarily stop this, but it would help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »