Home

Breakout/Forecheck Adjustments

This is a discussion on Breakout/Forecheck Adjustments within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Breakout/Forecheck Adjustments

Was curious to see whether anyone had tinkered with the team settings to this point in the beta. I know in 14 bumping up CPU aggressiveness was slightly helpful but haven't found the right combo in the 5 days the beta has been out. I ask because finally ran into 2-3 teams who knew what they were doing last night and they were able to skate right around a defenseman and either fake the shot, deak once and put one in the top corner; or what was more concerning they found an area just in front on the crease where the defenders would stop skating and would give a clear window for the cross ice pass on the back post which would be wide open. Just flashbacks of 14 I was having and before last night I hadn't seen but I'm sure I will from now on. So any settings that would help the defense step up just a bit instead of allowing forwards around them would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Breakout/Forecheck Adjustments

I usually use aggressive forecheck 1-2-2 aggressive and a 1-4 neutral zone when I'm using bots. Seems to get them going a bit more and makes them more active on the back check trying to get the puck off the boards. Also whatever the down menu is I turn it up to 3 from 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »