Home

Is there anyway to prevent players from retiring after a season?

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to prevent players from retiring after a season? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2015, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe I've heard that if you sign players prior to the draft that helps. Was wondering if anyone has heard anything different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is there anyway to prevent players from retiring after a season?

You can save right before the retiring phase and if you don't like what you see than you can back out and try again. However, sometimes if the guy is really old than it is inevitable and there's not much you can do.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:44 AM   #3
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Also If they are free agents they have an extremely high chance of retiring. And if a contract is up and they are older then the probability of them retiring is higher as well.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The only changes I ever see if you back out and try again on the retirement screen are the ones due to injury... I could be wrong but I think when they retire due to age or poor free agency, you're kind of stuck with it
Old 08-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

I added a year to the contracts of guys like David Ortiz, RA Dickey, Bartolo Colon, Ichiro, and a couple others to keep them from retiring that I had simmed franchise a few times to see who was consistently retiring, but that only works before you start your franchise and they'll still retire right after that.

And even then, there will probably be a player or two that you're unhappy about them retiring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
Also If they are free agents they have an extremely high chance of retiring. And if a contract is up and they are older then the probability of them retiring is higher as well.

This is what I have always noticed too with this game. Really wish the devs would do something so that there was a way to talk guys into not retiring. Biggest gripe I have is the ridiculous amount of players that retire due to injury, because some of them are young players, and that's not something you see nowdays anymore. Im OK with a older player retiring due to injury, but too many times I see young players retiring because of injury which is very annoying. Not much wrong with this game each year, but this is 1 of the few things the devs seem to overlook each yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
This is what I have always noticed too with this game. Really wish the devs would do something so that there was a way to talk guys into not retiring. Biggest gripe I have is the ridiculous amount of players that retire due to injury, because some of them are young players, and that's not something you see nowdays anymore. Im OK with a older player retiring due to injury, but too many times I see young players retiring because of injury which is very annoying. Not much wrong with this game each year, but this is 1 of the few things the devs seem to overlook each yr.
TBH I rarely see the injury retirement. I do see so many 34-36 yr olds retiring due to age. And pretty much the entire Free Agent pool retire dur to poor free agent market. I think there wouldn't be so much of an issue with the free agent thing if roster sizes were bumped up ten or so.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
TBH I rarely see the injury retirement. I do see so many 34-36 yr olds retiring due to age. And pretty much the entire Free Agent pool retire dur to poor free agent market. I think there wouldn't be so much of an issue with the free agent thing if roster sizes were bumped up ten or so.

Maybe it has changed from past games, as far as retiring due to injury, I haven't got thru a season yet or tested it out to see in 15. Like you I do remember seeing quite a few retiring due to poor FA market as well in past games.

I do think adding more players per organization would definitely help with this problem. Ive always been hopeful 1 day we get a full single A team playable, and them have 15 to 25 slots for low A to put extra players. Heck Id be happy even if A ball wasn't playable if we had more players per organization.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »