Home

Neighbour problem

This is a discussion on Neighbour problem within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Neighbour problem

Hey guys

Well a few years ago I was in a biking accident which broke both wrists and pretty much put me out of playing hockey for a couple years. It was just too sore to shoot pucks and just thought about packing it in.

Fast forward to around July. I was outside cleaning up and found a nice spot in the backyard where I could shoot some pucks, just to see if I could build the strength back up. I gave the net a nice coat of paint and washed all the pucks that were in milk crates. I also have a niece piece of puckboard which is great for shooting off.

So I started doing some shooting today and my neighbour comes over to tell me that I'm being too loud and the sound of pucks being shot is annoying her ( they only moved in here a couple years ago ) I just disregarded it and she comes out later on saying isn't street hockey for kids not guys in there 30's. I was started to get peeved.

She's acting like I'm doing this at 5 in the morning. I don't say nothing when her husband comes home and guts fish on there picnic table

But the wrists felt good so I hope with doing this over the next couple months I might be able to get back to playing again.

It's my yard, I can shoot hockey pucks if I want right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Neighbour problem

During reasonable hours, yeah.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah that's what I think too

If I have off days I might go out at 10:30-11am or maybe before dinner at 4:00-4:30. I'm never out earlier then that and the latest I'm out there would maybe be 7
Old 08-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Check with your local city hall or police department and ask what the hours for your city's noise ordinance are. In my particular city, the noise ordinance begins at 10:00 pm from Sunday through Thursday and at 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. It ends at 8:00 am every day.

As long as you are shooting pucks on your own property and it isn't during the hours where your city's noise ordinance isn't in effect, you are perfectly within your legal right to do what you want as long as it is within reason. Shooting pucks is certainly within reason.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea you should be fine. It's not like you are out there at like 3 AM. That is perfectly fine doing it at like 10 or 11 and at 4 in the afternoon. I would get a little peeved it was a weekend at 10 but during the week you should be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #6
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

It's liken me being mad at people mowing the lawn at 9 am. It kinda pisses me off but I can't complain.

Sent from my Lenovo S860 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Tell her to drop the gloves if she got a problem.

No, seriously, you're all good. Neighbors are part of the deal of buying a home, and you're being reasonable. She can take a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, unless you are being excessively loud (which goes above and beyond noise ordinances), you're good. Neighbors here played basketball until 9:30 PM when it got dark quite a bit until it got too hot/they got bored a couple weeks ago, but it's not against the law or anything. Unless your pucks are making sonic booms, nothing for you to worry about. She could technically call the cops, but if they even bothered to come out, I think they'd say you have nothing to worry about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »