Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Updated Rosters (2015-2016) PS3

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Updated Rosters (2015-2016) PS3 within the EA Sports NCAA Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball > EA Sports NCAA Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

lad35533's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Basketball 10 Updated Rosters (2015-2016) PS3

Here is a YouTube video on how to download the roster, thanks to PopcornJones77 http://bit.ly/1SyM36X

The below zip file is the ROSTER and the TOURNAMENT zip file is on Page 26

This is an updated roster (2015-2016) for the game NCAA Basketball 10 on PS3. Sorry Xbox 360 users, there is no transfer process that I am aware of for this game. I would like to thank TreyAllDayz for his hard work last year to put together a roster that I have used as my base.

I have completed the Power 5, the Big East, and a few Mid-Majors. That includes incoming freshman, correct coaches names, and a realistic starting 5. I did my best to get correct classes for the players. I would say that some teams have about 7 guys with the correct class and some teams with about 12, it just depends.

From a freshman ratings standpoint I used the NCAA Football 14 updated roster ratings that a forum off of Operation Sports made. It is extremely accurate with using the 247 sports recruiting system. It is a point system and it correlates from a four digit number to an overall. Here is the system.

Player Composite Rankings
Spoiler

So rather than taking an educated guess for a 5 star guy being in the low 80's and a 4 star being in the high 70's, there is a more detailed perspective with the four digit numbers. This makes the roster very realistic. For the rest of the classes (Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors) I did my best using stats from last season to do their ratings.

Now as far as making the game fun, I would recommend using my sliders. Sliders make the game run more smoothly and can create it to be more realistic and challenging. My Slider set is at the very bottom.

Reasoning Behind Sliders
Here are some key ones that make the gameplay more smooth. I lowered offensive rebounding because it can be too much sometimes. It feels like when the CPU actually misses a shot, they get the board. This lowers the odds of that happening (granted it still happens 3 times a game on average). Free Throws are lowered as well because of the difficulty making them on the road at a Top 25 court. It's almost impossible but with making the slider lower, it's a little easier but still pretty tough.

Miscellaneous Edits
If a guy has a long name or a hyphen, I do my best to make it decent or just act like his name is cut off. Players that are not from the United States are from Canada (sorry that is the only option in the game). Skin Tones/Faces should be spot on. States should be correct for the freshman and everybody else. Positions are close to correct. Most team websites just put G for Guard, F for Forward, and C for Center. So based on height/weight I will put someone as Power Forward or Small Forward etc., it's just an educated guess. I also do the players Free Throw percentage as a rating. So if a big man shoots 44% from the charity stripe, he has a 44 rating for Free Throws. Additionally, based off of auto-subs, I try to make it realistic with positions for that. So basically a team should have a 2 deep rotation (10 players play) if the CPU subs regularly, which it should with my sliders.

For example SG Luke Kennard is a freshman at Duke. He's backing up PG Derryk Thornton even though he is truly a Shooting Guard. For the purposes of him playing and not letting the CPU choose him over the other SG who plays, Matt Jones, I put Kennard as a PG. I want to make the gameplay realistic with subs and by changing guys positions to have them see the floor, it's worth it.

Equipment Edits
A lot of guys wear tights over their knees so I put pads over their knee caps to exemplify that. Also some players wear those tight dry-fit t-shirts and some wear the traditional baggy sleeves. To show that look both kinds of shirts will be the "Basic T".

Ratings
The best players in the game will be an 85 overall, that's my own personal cap. For example Ben Simmons, Denzel Valentine, Buddy Hield, and Kris Dunn are all playing at an elite level. These four are the top candidates for Player of the Year, so my ratings will show that.

Here is a preview for the ACC Freshman Rankings
Spoiler

Top 25 Mid-Major Recruits
Spoiler

Teams Done
ACC (12/12)
Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami
N.C. State
North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Big 10 (11/11)
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Big 12 (12/12)
Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

Big East (16/16)
Cincinnati
Connecticut
DePaul
Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette
Notre Dame
Pittsburgh
Providence
Rutgers
St. John's
Seton Hall
South Florida
Syracuse
Villanova
West Virginia

PAC-10 (10/10)
Arizona
Arizona State
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

SEC (12/12)
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Mid-Majors
Arkansas-Little Rock
Austin Peay
Buffalo
Butler
BYU
Central Michigan
Charleston Southern
Chattanooga
Creighton
CSU Bakerfield (CSUF)
Davidson
Dayton
Farleigh Dickinson
FGCU (FAU)
Fresno State
George Washington
Georgia State
Gonzaga
Hampton
Harvard
Hawaii
Holy Cross
Iona
Louisiana Tech
Memphis
Middle Tennessee
Monmouth
New Mexico
Oakland
Rhode Island
Richmond
Saint Joseph’s
San Diego State
SMU
South Dakota State
Southern
Stephen F. Austin
Stony Brook
TCU
Temple
Tulsa
UNC-Ashville
UNC-Wilmington
UNI
UNLV
Utah
UW-Green Bay
VCU
Weber State
Western Kentucky
Wichita State
Xavier
Yale

Here is how to download the roster onto your USB

1. Download the rosters from the OS thread.
2. Unzip/extract all the file.
3. Take the SYS-DATA portion of the file out of the folder--leave it on your desktop.
---
1. Put the NCAA 10 game in and save a generic/no-name roster right away.
2. Exit the game and take that no-name/generic roster file and copy it on a flash drive.
3. Replace the generic/no name SYS-DATA portion of the file with my SYS-DATA update.
- Plug your USB stick into the USB slot on your PS3
- Under Game > Saved Data Unity, 'USB Device' should appear on the top, select that
- Hit triangle when you see the save on your USB stick, select 'Copy'
- Overwrite the NCAA Basketball 10 generic roster file

Then you should be good to go. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to comment and I'll do my best to answer it.

New Tournament Update!

I have done all 64 teams for March Madness. Therefore you can make the bracket on your own for tournament mode. Also CSU Bakerfield and Florida Gulf Coast are not in the game. So, CSU Bakerfield is actually Cal State Fullerton and Florida Gulf Coast is Florida Atlantic. I'm sorry for this, but that's just the way it is.

If you don't feel like taking forever to make the tournament bracket in the game, I have good news for you. I made the bracket and uploaded it as a SYS-DATA file (it's on Page 26), and you guys can download it! It is the same process as downloading the roster. The only change is that you download a generic tournament file onto your USB, and then overwrite it with my tournament file.

If you guys have any questions as always, feel free to comment and I'll answer it. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slider Set.JPG (60.2 KB, 3485 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PS3.zip (791.3 KB, 2049 views)

Last edited by lad35533; 03-31-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Updated Rosters (2015-2016) PS3

Thanks for doing this guys! Below I have posted the players and coaches for the 15-16 Alabama basketball team.

Alabama Basketball players
23 Brandon Austin Guard 6-5/180 FR Montgomery, Ala. (Carver-Montgomery HS)
24 Christian Clark Forward 6-5/210 SO Chester, Va. (Thomas Dale HS)
5 Justin Coleman Guard 5-10/160 SO Birmingham, Ala. (Wenonah)
4 Arthur Edwards Guard 6-5/210 GS Washington, D.C (New Mexico)
Kobie Eubanks Guard 6-5/215 FR Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (Our Savior New American School)
11 Shannon Hale Forward 6-8/226 JR Johnson City, Tenn. (Christ School)
35 Donta Hall Forward 6-10/205 FR Luverne, Ala. (Luverne HS)
12 Dazon Ingram Guard 6-5/185 FR Theordore, Ala. (Theodore HS)
Avery Johnson Jr. Guard 5-11/182 SO Dallas, Texas (Texas A&M)
3 Michael Kessens Forward 6-9/223 JR Nyon, Switzerland (Longwood University)
0 Nick King Guard/Forward 6-7/225 JR Memphis, Tenn. (Memphis)
1 Riley Norris Guard/Forward 6-7/207 SO Albertville, Ala. (Albertville)
32 Retin Obasohan Guard 6-1/208 RS SR Antwerp, Belgium (K.A. Redingenhof)
2 Lawson Schaffer Guard 5-11/160 FR Cullman, Ala. (Cullman HS)
10 Jimmie Taylor Forward 6-10/240 JR Greensboro, Ala. (Greensboro)
Coaches
Avery Johnson - Head Coach
Bob Simon - Associate Head Coach
Scott Pospichal - Assistant Coach
Antoine Pettway - Assistant Coach
Lou DeNeen - Strength and Conditioning Coach

***Avery Johnson Jr and Nick King will sit out this year
Old 08-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
Rookie

lad35533's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcontide15
Thanks for doing this guys! Below I have posted the players and coaches for the 15-16 Alabama basketball team.
Thanks man! I'll get them done tonight. Let me know tomorrow what you think, if I need to make some edits to ratings, equipment, etc.

Last edited by lad35533; 08-11-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lad35533
Thanks man! I'll get them done tonight. Let me know tomorrow what you think, if I need to make some edits to ratings, equipment, etc.
well right now my computer is messed up so I can't get the rosters on my PS3 yet. Is there any way u could show me the ratings somehow? I'm new to this and don't know how it works. Thanks for doing Alabama tho!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Ok finally got it on my PS3. Everything looks great! I was really impressed! I noticed two minor things that I wanted to ask about. I don't know if u edit the way coaches look to fit their real life appearance or not but Avery Johnson has a little more hair now than he used to so u might want to consider changing his hair to have more. It's good the way it is now but I just figured I'd throw that ur way to help make it more realistic for him. Also I noticed a couple of players named "X". I didn't know if u purposely did that or not. It doesn't affect anything really so i don't think u have to change that anyways. Overall I give u an A on this. It's awesome! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

lad35533's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcontide15
I don't know if u edit the way coaches look to fit their real life appearance or not but Avery Johnson has a little more hair now than he used to so u might want to consider changing his hair to have more. Also I noticed a couple of players named "X". I didn't know if u purposely did that or not.
I can add some hair on him and I put the "X" players that way because I can't delete them. So they will always be 60 overalls. The purpose of this is to make sure that if they don't go on the redshirt part of the depth chart (13-15 slot) they won't get subbed in because they aren't good. It is just a precaution. So they will never play. Like in some schools cases they have good players sit out due to the transfer rules and they would take up the normal "X" player spot. Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if there are any other teams that you would like me to get done soon and if there is any inside information for Alabama (aka starting 5, boosting the 6th man's rating, etc.) that you would like to share with me so I can edit that change. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I can add some hair on him and I put the "X" players that way because I can't delete them. So they will always be 60 overalls. The purpose of this is to make sure that if they don't go on the redshirt part of the depth chart (13-15 slot) they won't get subbed in because they aren't good. It is just a precaution. So they will never play. Like in some schools cases they have good players sit out due to the transfer rules and they would take up the normal "X" player spot. Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if there are any other teams that you would like me to get done soon and if there is any inside information for Alabama (aka starting 5, boosting the 6th man's rating, etc.) that you would like to share with me so I can edit that change. Thanks!
ok thanks man. It all sounds good. It doesn't really matter what teams u do next but I'm more of an SEC basketball fan so that's the teams in looking forward to most. Also I keep up with Alabama basketball constantly so if I hear news about them that u can use I will let u know. Keep up the great work!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

I just realized a couple of players were missing. Not really important ones but it's Lawson Schaffer and Christian Clark. If u can add them that's great but if u can't don't worry about it bc I doubt they'll even play this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball > EA Sports NCAA Basketball Rosters »