Home

The Whining Ends Now

This is a discussion on The Whining Ends Now within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The Whining Ends Now

It's been stated before, but now I want everyone to know that the enforcement is being handed down.

If you can't be constructive, don't post.

If you are going to attack the development team, don't post.

If you are going to hijack multiple threads because you want to post your point all over the forum because your voice means more than everyone else's, don't post.

Pretty much fed up with the attitude of this forum. OS is about mature, helpful posting. You don't want to do that, get out or I'll make sure you don't have the choice.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Banned

c4o3g's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Whining Ends Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
It's been stated before, but now I want everyone to know that the enforcement is being handed down.

If you can't be constructive, don't post.

If you are going to attack the development team, don't post.

If you are going to hijack multiple threads because you want to post your point all over the forum because your voice means more than everyone else's, don't post.

Pretty much fed up with the attitude of this forum. OS is about mature, helpful posting. You don't want to do that, get out or I'll make sure you don't have the choice.
Its a forum for a reason. So people can post their opinions about games as well as connect with others in the gaming world. If you don't like negative opinions about a game, then maybe you should learn to move on from that post or not use the forum at all. But all i see is a guy posting unrelated content on a forum whining about other people posting content that's unrelated....sooooo if that's not the pot calling the kettle black i don't know what is. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Just started!

Herms's Arena

OVR: 0

i have had an EA Hockey game since 94, i think if i want to voice an opinion on the game I am 100% allowed too. I paid good money for the game and get nothing back from it. AI Sucks, ps. if you think the AI is good then you have never played hockey or know nothing about the sport itself, there is continuous lag online, roster are brutal, and explain to me why when i play with Crosby.... a player like Nikitian from Edmonton catches him in a flat out race?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

There is a fine line between "whining" and constructive criticism. The problem lies in the fact that we as a community, don't feel like we're "heard". As much as EA says, or said, they would be more part of the community and presence known, we have yet to hear anything.

With all the game play issues occurring, the tuners that overwrite "good" tuners, or tuners that take away what was working fine, or tuners that don't apply fixes to game play it gets frustrating.

We are constantly discovering, on our own, what certain sliders affect. Even though the description of the CPU Strategy slider mentions the amount of strategy adjustment the CPU makes in game, we are finding that lowering this to 1 is creating a more "choppy" game play?? Why is that? Why does a slider that says one thing, affect something else?

Is Puck Control at 0 or 6 make the puck more loose? Description sounds like it should be 6....some have found it works better at 0. Again, no response from EA for clarification. We pay good money for their product and yes, we do expect them to support the product they push out the door. Especially with all the marketing.

We wanted better game play last year, we got hot dog vendors.
We wanted better game play this year, they gave us mascots.
Not all sliders save when exiting the slider adjustment area. This was a problem last and again this year.

So is EA listening to us as they say they are? I say no. And this is where the fine line is drawn between what you call "whining" and constructive criticism. We've been down the constructive criticism path with them many, many times to no avail. Now, it becomes frustrating so yes, you will have that "whining"....and majority of the time, rightfully so.

Should the community "rip" on the devs personally? No. But it's a fine line and when a large community feels they aren't being heard, they respond harshly.

When "redshirt" used to frequent these forums, we got feedback and help with the game. It helped us understand it better. Now, silence.

EA keeps getting voted the worst company to work for. They don't help their cause by continuing to ignore the consumers who buy their products and help keep them in business.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

The mod is trying to keep these forums from turning into the EA forums. Were all mad at EA and the game but it's much better to post what you see wrong, why, and a suggestion to fix it. Who knows if they pay attention or not but one thing is certain, they won't pay attention if every single post is an F U EA post that winds up in a slap fest between to angry forumers who don't see eye to eye on the game. I just summed up the EA forums. Were all human and emotions can get the better of us, myself included, and the Mod is just trying to remind everyone that were better than that over here at OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

kyussmanchu's Arena

I think people are taking issue with the authoritarian tone of the message that was essentially followed up with what amounts to a threat at the end (basically "Do as I say or else")

Personally, I have no issue with the idea behind the warning. That said, the tone and language used was really not well chosen and should have been much more diplomatic.

Hope I don't get banned for posting my opinion.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
Banned

This site is a joke. I was banned for having a discussion. No name calling, no threats, nothing but having an opinion that a mod didn't like. 10 years as a member in good standing lost because the butt-hurt mods here have a problem with anyone that has an occasional negative opinion. Make sure you do nothing but praise EA and god forbid you have any criticisms. One minute you are having a conversation, the next you are banned. Grow up mods. This is a forum where open discussion should be encouraged. You can't even have a normal back and forth talk here without fear of the ban police. This forum is run too strictly and the policies are beyond idiotic. When you do get banned there isn't even a way to have your ban reviewed by a sensible mod. Boom - you're gone forever without any reason or recourse. Well, goodbye again, and thanks for having a forum where everyone has to be positive about everything or else.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow. Millennium is still here and doing what he does best.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »