Home

The power of 31, AP/AM/AM, Sliders

This is a discussion on The power of 31, AP/AM/AM, Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
The power of 31, AP/AM/AM, Sliders

I recently saw someone post that 31 is the sweet spot for sliders to prevent cheesy glitch gameplay but still have a challenge. This is my first slider set ever so I decided to give it a shot. Tell me what you think.

These sliders are meant to be a way to play on the All Madden level without having to resort to glitch plays to win. I know the usual way of keeping completion percentages down is to drop QBA a lot. I do not like this because it limits the deeper timing throws. Instead I have lowered the catching so that there are more drops by lesser players thus keeping completion percentages down.

Qtr: 12min

Acc clock: 17

Skill level: All pro at setup then all madden in your settings and cfm. AP/AM/AM(This is optional. You can also use AM/AM/AM to get more of a challenge)

Asst: kick aiming arc

Game speed: normal

Threshold: 31

Injury: 50

Fatigue: 70

User/cpu
Qba: 31/31
Pbk: 31/31
Wrc: 31/31

Rbk: 31/31(edit raising both hum and cpu run block to 32)underpowered running game on 31. 8/3/15
Fum: 31/31(edit raising both to 32)just too many fumbles on 31. 8/3/15

React: 31/31
Int: 31/31
Pcv: 31/31

Tak: 31/31

Special teams

Fg pwr: 50
Fg acc: 25
Punt pwr: 55
Punt acc: 70

Penalties:

Offsides: 70
False start:70
Holding: 5
Facemask: 50
DPI: 90
OPI: 5
K/r P/r int: 55
Clipping: 65(down to 60 too many bad calls)8/1/15
Int grounding:25 (edit previous setting 31) too many sacks
RTP: 65(down to 60 too many unnecessary roughing calls)8/1/15
RTK: 55

Last edited by XXL78; 08-06-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The power of 31, AP/AM/AM, Sliders

Hey dude, tried one game with the sliders. I played a really crappy Redskins team with my juggernaut of an eagles, so keep that in mind, but I have some observations:

1) the game seemed much more wide open and lively. Different than the usual tough AM slog.

2) a variety of plays were possible, rather than the standard cheese to win.

3) CPU catching needs to be upped...there were a ton of blatant drops. 5 points ?

4) a ton of fumbles happened on both sides...maybe drop 5 points?

5) I'd also say drop QBA for both players, and increase the intentional grounding. I had 10 sacks, but a good half of them were the 1-2 yard loss vareity as their QB (not RG3) kept tucking and running.

All in all, very entertaining. I'll play some more games with it and give feedback. I'll make the changes I said above
Old 08-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

I had a few more sacks than I would like also. I will try the things you suggested to get the sacks down. As far as the drops go I am trying to get a proper completion percentage from the computer. I played peyton manning and he completed 74 percent of his passes for 400 yards and 4 tds . I gave up a silly 77 yard slant pass for a touchdown otherwise the passing yards would not be so inflated. I know the usual way of keeping completion percentages down is to drop passing accuracy drastically. I do not really like this method because it limits the typed of routes you can throw even when you do everything right. Since I believe 31 is the sweet spot I want to keep it there. I didn't have as many fumbles in my games as long as I remembered to cover the ball. I think I will have to find a number to set the intentional grounding at to get better qb play while still leaving the accuracy at 31. I will have to do some research to see what percentage of drops would be normal to see if the drops are really unrealistic. I still had some errant throws even on 31 accuracy. Maybe not as many as a real game.

Last edited by XXL78; 08-01-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

It was surprising to me just how many incompletions I had. My qb is a total stud, and he actually missed some throws; I was thinking he'd be 20/20 with 350 yards. It was more like 65%, but I still had a fun game.

The fumbles actually made the game interesting. Only one game sample size now, so we'll see

I get the completion % thing. You want them to make the tougher throws, but you don't want to get roboQB'd. It's just kind of jarring for the Wr to drop a TD pass in the end zone with no one around him. I'll play a few more games and see how it goes. The Redskins are not very good in year 2022

Last edited by Josiphos; 08-01-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

Just finished another game playing with Andrew luck. I ended up having 67% completions with 290 yards and one touchdown. I did not have any drops in this game. The cpu defense made plenty of plays on the ball without being cheesy. The cpu quarterback was Sam Bradford on the eagles. He didn't have as good a game as peyton did previously but I wouldn't expect him to. Bradford finished with 46% completions with 222 yards 2tds 2ints. There were five drops by eagles receivers but three were by the tight end who has 84 catch and his drops were in traffic. Bradford took some shots downfield and also checked down some. the two interceptions on Bradford were when he took a deep shots down the sideline against vontae davis. This was after I changed the intentional grounding to 31 also. I like how the cpu QB played at this level.

Last edited by XXL78; 08-01-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
Just finished another game playing with Andrew luck. I ended up having 67% completions with 290 yards and one touchdown. I did not have any drops in this game. The cpu defense made plenty of plays on the ball without being cheesy. The cpu quarterback was Sam Bradford on the eagles. He didn't have as good a game as peyton did previously but I wouldn't expect him to. Bradford finished with 46% completions with 222 yards 2tds 2ints. There were five drops by eagles receivers but three were by the tight end who has 84 catch and his drops were in traffic. Bradford took some shots downfield and also checked down some. the two interceptions on Bradford were when he took a deep shots down the sideline against vontae davis. This was after I changed the intentional grounding to 31 also. I like how the cpu QB played at this level.
What sliders did you change from the OP? I'll make the same changes and play some tonight
Old 08-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

I changed the intentional grounding to 31.
I lowered the roughing the passer and clipping to 60.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
I changed the intentional grounding to 31.
I lowered the roughing the passer and clipping to 60.
Played another game, with the changes above. Some more observations:

The Vikings have one of the best young qbs in the league in 2022. He completed 83% of his passes against me (29/35) with 280 yards, 1 td, 1 int. other than the one int, only 1 pass was errant, the other 4 being drops or force outs. There were a lot of short throws but he did throw downfield (the guys were wide open so, not that daring). Sacks were down from 10 to 5, and the reason I won is I forced lots of fumbles, like 6. Two from the qb and two from backup running backs, two from receivers. My qb threw 2 picks, both were defenders making amazing plays, cutting off receivers on out outs or slants. I wasn't too mad, defenders just made some plays in tight coverage.

My qb had 2 fumbles, while my rbs had none. Adrian Peterson also had none, so the carry ratings do make a big difference with these settings. I think fumbles need to come down, as it got a bit ridiculous .

I like the penalties, stuff gets called. I think I won b/c of forcing more fumbles and the fact I shut their run game down (45 yards total).

For suggested changes : fumbles -3, qba -5, cpu run block +5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »