Home

Old 07-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Idea for DD

I think moving forward in DD in the next iteration, it would be great to have a page to view all stats of your players. Your cards, or the players you have used in DD. What they actually did in the games you played. In spread sheet form. Much like a team stats page in Franchise. I am no programmer, but I would have to imagine this would be fairly easy to do? I have to think, as baseball fans...we are all crazy about stats. So...this would make a ton of sense and immersion for DD players.

Secondly, what would be even more awesome was if there was a way to see how your cards (and play with a particular player) compares to others using the same card. Like if you have used Izzo for 200 AB, like a ranking system that would say you ranked like 1st or 2nd and so forth with this player. Again, another thing that I think would make the immersion and fun factor of playing and getting these cards in DD that much better. Would love to hear from some Dev's if this would ever be a possibility...love the game, great work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Idea for DD

I posted this on Reddit but didn't get much feedback so I'm not sure if the interest is there but I wrote a script that stores stats of games taken from the box scores at theshownation.com. You basically click the Save button next to your team and the stats will be added to the "repository". You can reset the repository after each day or reset it weekly. I imagine, it could store all games but it might get pretty sluggish.

To download, see a video and/or screenshot go here:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11...ty-stat-keeper

Last year, I had a website which kept track of DD stuff and player stats just as you described. Unfortunately, I can't do the same thing this year because there are so many playing it would take forever to grab all of the stats!

Snippet from last year:
cabrera.png
Old 07-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

That is what I am talking about Baseballsim! Unreal...again as someone who has no idea about coding and such...that is simply awesome. That is exactly what I am talking about. I knew I could not be thr only one with these thoughts or hopes with DD.

How neat would it be to be able to get the cards you wish to play with...say Adam Jones and then not only play with said player...but know where you rank with him in terms of all players of the same card. Like to be the greatest Adam Jones of DD. That's what would make this format simply awesome.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They need an option to separate by region, I'm so tired of playing pos from s america

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »