Home

Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

This is a discussion on Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Pro

rjviking11's Arena

OVR: 3
Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

First off let me say that this years game is probably one of the best baseball games that I have played in a while, they really did a good job with this years game. Coming from an offline franchise player here are a few things that really can make this game even better, in no particular order.

1. This has more to do with Sony than SCEA. Try to bring back sounds of the show, I cant even begin to tell you how awesome and cool it was to have the players real life walkup songs, HR songs, and victory songs playing in the game.

2. Keep expanding on the equipments in the game, This was a big step in this years game, here are some examples of some big brands that are missing from the game.
Bats: Chandler Prospect Series, Old Hickory
Batting Gloves: Louisville Slugger, Mizuno
Gloves: Mizuno, All-Star, SSK, Spalding, Louisville Slugger
Cleats: New Balance
Misc: Evo-Shield, nearly every wrist, leg, and elbow guard is branded by evo-shield. Also try to bring in the Camo-designs, basically every MLB team has one.

Also It would be cool if you can add an option to have a pitchers first and/or last name on their gloves, a lot of pitchers have this.

3. Uniforms, I think that it is time to revise the uniform slots, some teams are starting to have more uniform combinations than you guys have slots. For example the Mets, and pirates both have Military uniforms that cant be used in the game because of not enough slots.

It looks like this started this year. For players that are wearing Stirrup socks they have a team logo on the bottom of the sock. Except for teams that already have a design on their socks like the Rays, and Cardinals.

4. Gameplay Logic A: for the most part its pretty good but I think the CPU has to do a better job of bringing in a relief pitcher especially in the middle of an inning, For example a lot of time in my franchise I will have a good lefty hitter coming up and there will be a righty on the mound and a lefty ready in the bullpen, In real life you will see them bring in the lefty, in the game this does not happen unless the pitcher gives up runs.

B: Players durability needs to be a little stronger, especially for players that play first base and DH, Players shouldn't be dead tired after playing 5 days in a row.

5. All-Star weekend, Have to update the home run derby rules, with the brackets. And PLEASE HAVE THE TEAMS WEAR THERE REAL JERSEYS DURING THE ALL-STAR GAME!!

6. Rosters: I think its time that you allow the option for a 6 man rotation, some teams are starting to go to this, and a lot of teams use this when the rosters expand in september.

let me know what you guys think or what should be added?
NCAAF- West Virginia Mountaineers
NCAAB- West Virginia Mountaineers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

Number 5 can't happen there isn't enough memory on the disk. This was said by the devs in one of the threads before the game came out this year.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

redsox4evur is right, it has been talked about several times on here why it is like it is. Also I'm sure they will update the homerun derby rules, nut they changed the rules to late for them to get into this years game.

I do agree with you about the stamina level of the players. That really needs to be fixed.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Number 5 can't happen there isn't enough memory on the disk. This was said by the devs in one of the threads before the game came out this year.
I believe this was specific to the PS3
Old 07-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I believe this was specific to the PS3
The PS4 cannot do individual team jerseys for the All-Star game because it causes a huge framerate drop (I believe it was down to 30FPS or slightly below)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I would like to see trading tweaked again. This year there are far too few trades.

Baseball is great due to the number of trades and the players involved. Look at what is happening in the MLB and the quality of players and amount of players switching teams. It makes it exciting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #7
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Give us the ability to edit contracts during Franchise Mode. This is a must. I also like the suggestion about allowing for 6 man rotations and, of course, Sounds of the Show has to return.
#WeAreND
Old 07-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
This shouldn't be the case with PS4 or digital distribution

Why are additional jerseys not DLC (paid or otherwise)? Because of the slot system for uniforms in the game. This might not have been a problem before (why change the game if you couldn't even fit them on the disk if you did?) but that excuse is gone and it's time for a change

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »