Home

Who are the most overrated cards this year?

This is a discussion on Who are the most overrated cards this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Who are the most overrated cards this year?

Time's winding down on 2k15's life as we look ahead to 2k16 and the many improvements that it should have. I thought about all the OP cards that came out this year, but how about some of the not-so-worthy cards?

Here's my list of overrated cards that I've experienced with:

1. George Mikan: Great stats all around, but awful vertical with only a 6'10 body to work with. Also, it doesn't help that he needs to be WIDE open under the basket as he can't make anything under contact.

2. Onyx Derrick Rose: Not very efficient at contact layups as opposed to a Ruby magic johnson. Stamina is depleted quickly as well. I'll give him props in that he can be very clutch at times.

3. Onyx Lebron: Not really gonna critique his skillset, but if you were blindfolded and your buddy swapped your onyx lebron for a gold one and you took your blindfold off when the game started, you wouldn't notice a single thing.

4. Sapphire Yao Ming: Tall, yes, but has a tendency to blow the easiest of shots even if guarded by someone a ft. shorter than him. Post Fade is also extremely inconsistent even with gold Fade ace badge.

Who are your most overrated cards? These 4 that I mentioned are STRICTLY off of personal experiences, and maybe you've experienced the complete opposite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

Re: Who are the most overrated cards this year?

For me it was Durant. He felt like a construction worker, kept throwing up bricks! Melo was my go-to SF, his shot was great, good rebounding and money lay-ups.
Mzong, ML10040311, Cavs4Life, CeltsFan81, AspeHeat, Apos1914, Illmatic1909, Lefxy, Phamtaztik, Palitongo, Rsudac, Ray Bond IV, nmellor, MrKornDog, Rengeektx, joenuts83, vermouth, Lakerking, urnoggin, Dan13Marino, Fabio85, tankendrick
Old 07-24-2015, 06:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Agree on Durant. He is very inconsistent (both gold and diamond versions) on attack.

Gold LBJ also sucks thie year, in my opinion.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
3. Onyx Lebron: Not really gonna critique his skillset, but if you were blindfolded and your buddy swapped your onyx lebron for a gold one and you took your blindfold off when the game started, you wouldn't notice a single thing.
The jersey number would be a dead giveaway
Old 07-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
QNo
MVP

You can actually really tell a difference between Gold and Onyx LeBron. The increased athleticism is readily apparent, and I'm getting tons of green releases with the Onyx, which wasn't the case with the gold. I also really like the KD cards, the key is to get him going early and learn his releases (plural). I agree with the other cards mentioned in the OP.

For me, some of the PDs were the most overrated cards. PD Shaq plays like Cavs/Boston Shaq, he suffers a lot from the weaknesses big men have in the post this year. PD Malone is massively crippled by his 50 vert, it makes him a poor defender, and rebounder, combined with his small frame and short arms. PD Bird is great with the ball in his hand in the post, but bad in almost every other situation. His lack of athleticism makes it so that he can guard neither 3s or 4s, which any semi-decent opponent can easily abuse. His release also makes it so that his shooting isn't as good as his stats would suggest.

Any version of Curry is underwhelming since his release is weird and hard to time. He's a great finisher and a midrange assassin, but there are plenty of PGs available that are similar in those respects while being way better defensively. Any small PG is underwhelming when paired up against bigger PGs like Oscar and Magic, which makes a whole class of cards undesirable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Pink Diamond Curry. He is TRASH! He slips and slides everywhere on defense and his jumper gets blocked even when he creates 3 feet of space (Should NEVER happen), he misses wide open 3s and has minimal athletic ability.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Has easily been Onyx Jerry Lucas for me. His 99 O/D rebounding is negated by the fact that he's only 6'8". I still vividly remember Sapphire DeAndre Jordan grabbing 4 or 5 consecutive rebounds over Lucas. He also has a subpar postgame (70 post hook, 77 post fade, e.t.c.) and while he has a great jumper for a "big", he doesn't get open enough and has mediocre plays.

Sold him 3 days after buying him along with Emerald Kawhi Leonard who was fantastic for me.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Old 07-25-2015, 02:34 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syxys
Agree on Durant. He is very inconsistent (both gold and diamond versions) on attack.

Gold LBJ also sucks thie year, in my opinion.
The best Durant for me was Ruby. I loved that card. While I agree with Durant....especially Diamond version, which sucked.....I dont know what you are talking about with Gold LBJ. The most used player on the game I am sure. For me he sure was. He and PG13 were the best value cards in the game imo. The only lineups I didnt have LBJ in was ones where i couldnt use Golds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »