Home

No more Lebron at Point?

This is a discussion on No more Lebron at Point? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
No more Lebron at Point?

So not sure if anyone else noticed during the 2k live stream yesterday when LD and Ronnie were talking about there teams Ronnie said something about Shaq at PF and LD made a side comment about not being able to do that, am I the only one who thought hat meant that they won't allow you to play cards out of position like Lebron as an example.

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: No more Lebron at Point?

would be great if this were true. I wanted a salary cap also so everyone wont have the same teams and be forced to use some of "non star" players
Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #3
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

As cheesy as it can be, LeBron is the PG at all times he is on the floor anyways... Even when he's on the floor with Kyrie, it's more like PG: LeBron SG: Kyrie SF: Shumpert. We just call them by their listed positions cause of size
Old 07-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

That's pretty silly if true, I get not being able to play Lebron at PG but you should be able to play a 5 at a 4 or a 5 at a 5,etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #5
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd rather see some sort of auto-matchup system to complement the current manual defensive switching than forcing positions.

This would improve the game a lot especially when playing against the AI. Right now if you have a good matchup you can exploit that all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 01:20 PM   #6
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

With the way the NBA is moving, it may be time to allow a third position or maybe even more.
Players like Draymond Green can play the 3, 4, and 5. The Greek Freak can play the 2, 3, and 4. LeBron plays 1 through 4.
Once you implement that then you'll be able to make it to where a player can't be played at a position that's not on his card. If they inserted that rule now with only a primary and secondary position then a lot of real-life strategies would be impossible to replicate in game.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

To me it makes no sense.

Lebron at the point is the least of my issues. Because it actually makes sense. I'd take Lebron at point over 90% of the actually guards in the league.

Now when KD is in at center and abusing actual centers..that's a problem.

I think really what needs to be done is (like up top said) salary caps. If you want Lebron at point cool..you should get 2 other stars and the rest are role players.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Lebron already has the play initiator trait, so he brings up the ball in 2K regardless of what position he is put at. He doesn't have to be at PG to be the first person to touch the ball after it being inbounded.

and I doubt people who do put Lebron at Point do it for basketball/sim reasons, likely just trying to cheese

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »