Home

Tour Gameplay Style Fan Feedback

This is a discussion on Tour Gameplay Style Fan Feedback within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7
Tour Gameplay Style Fan Feedback

We appreciate the fan feedback we’ve been getting about the TOUR Gameplay Style and have been paying close attention. Most seem to be enjoying it, and we’ve heard your ideas for how to make it even better. One thing you’ve asked for is more variation for miss-hits left and right, and we’re testing some potential options right now and hope to have something we can include in the game soon.

Enjoy the game and stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tour Gameplay Style Fan Feedback

Seems to me there have been more complaints about the putting mechanics than anything but you would know for sure.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Seems to me there have been more complaints about the putting mechanics than anything but you would know for sure.
Agreed. The biggest issue i have with gameplay are 2 fold:

1. Too many putts rolling over the lip (although i am adjusting)
  2. Strike meter for pitch, chip and flop shots is backwards
Fix these along with adding a few more courses, enriching the career experience and adding a few more online match types are the only major issues i have at this time.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
We appreciate the fan feedback we’ve been getting about the TOUR Gameplay Style and have been paying close attention. Most seem to be enjoying it, and we’ve heard your ideas for how to make it even better. One thing you’ve asked for is more variation for miss-hits left and right, and we’re testing some potential options right now and hope to have something we can include in the game soon.

Enjoy the game and stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks.
I'll echo what everyone else is saying:

1. Fix the putting
2. Add more courses/modes/golfers
3. Fix the inverted ball strike meter
4. Penalize the player more for mis-hits
Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Thanks HANDS!

Along with these suggestions, could you look at decoupling putter distance to the aiming arrow allowing for us to judge the pace through the swing versus hitting to a predetermined distance. Along with a touch of tempo appropriate for the pace of a putting stroke would be outstanding. Along with this, any chance on getting an additional camera view behind the hole when putting without grids? With the same cameras as the swing camera (High, Medium, Default, Low) only behind the hole would really make putting more rewarding.

Option to disable tempo meter.

More winds and fast greens for Career.

Agree with comments to decouple the Default swing and chosen club, but also removing the distance information from the cursor. Along these lines, could we also take a look at the backswing tempo and maybe make it a tad more forgiving from the standpoint of being able to dial down a 3/4 or knock down shot without having it be as quick as a full swing.

Lastly, would like to see an online Simulation or Custom TOUR Daily and Weekly tournament if at all possible.

When I think of more ideas, I'll come back to share them here. Yeah, I know, I don't ask for much do I?

Thank you again for listening to the simulation users!

Tim

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblake78
I'll echo what everyone else is saying:

1. Fix the putting
2. Add more courses/modes/golfers
3. Fix the inverted ball strike meter
4. Penalize the player more for mis-hits
Agree here although I have figured out putting. To be honest, without a more in-depth career mode these fixes are not the big of a deal.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll echo what everyone has said, but I'll add one more. Nearly every single shot I take shows as "slow" and cuts anywhere from 2-13 percent of my shot power. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, or if there's something I'm missing, but this drives me nuts.

Otherwise not much else to mention gameplay wise. I'm enjoying it!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

[EDIT]: I see Divotmaker's already beat me to the punch, but I'll toss in my thoughts that incorporate a lot of his.

Justin, my #1 request four Tour gameplay would be to allow gamers to in essence, create another level of Tour difficulty. Divotmaker (Tim) calls it Tour Custom. It looks like this:

Swing Mechanic: Advanced

Swing Difficulty: Hard

Spin Control: Off

Green Grid: On

Putt Read: Off

Aiming Arc Off

Zoom: Off

Wind Gust: On

Lie Effect: Advanced

Shot Shaping On

I would to add to that the ability to get rid of the swing "fill meter" and not show it until after impact for all shots, including putting. I find to I actually come closer to matching the desired backswing and tempo by watching my golfer's animation, but the fill meter is just enough of a distraction to where it disrupts my concentration a good bit of the time. The swing process feels more natural and immersive to me without having to watch meters or gauges on the HUD during the swing.

I also support Divotmaker's idea to get have the club default to it's full shot setup when you choose it and put the burden on the gamer to adjust their loft and swing strength to achieve the desired shot and distance. This would put more of a premium on feel and intuition.

Divotmaker also has an idea that sounds feasible for putting that sounds good in theory. I'm away from my XB1 until Saturday so I can't test it with my few minutes of remaining EA time, but he's proposing having the putt aiming cursor have a fixed distance of let's say 100 feet for example, and put the burden on the gamer to modulate the stroke with the the stick proportionally to execute the putt. Again, this would draw more upon feel and I think would result in a more engaged level of interaction.

Finally, I'd like to suggest that the swing rhythm be a factor in the accuracy of the shot. It is too easy to hit a straight shot, even with Tim's Tour Custom settings. By rhythm, I mean have the ideal downswing be 4 times the speed of the backswing. If the gamer is too quick with their ratio rhythm, they would pull/draw the ball, and if they were too slow with it, they would /push/fade the ball. I've seen this work in another golf game (although the swing is not in real time), but it's something special and adds an all new dimension to the game.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 07-17-2015 at 11:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »