Home

Side-By-Side Comparison of The Golf Club vs. Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour

This is a discussion on Side-By-Side Comparison of The Golf Club vs. Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Side-By-Side Comparison of The Golf Club vs. Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour

I threw this together. Footage for both are from a PS4 and TPC Scottsdale. Just a few shots, but a SBS comparison between the Golf Club and Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour, in case anyone was interested.

Last edited by TheNinjaGuyDon; 07-16-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Side-By-Side Comparison of The Golf Club vs. Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour

Good video. Makes me cringe at the TGC awful swing animations with them side by side.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Very nice. You can see the differences in the swings. I think the Golf Clubs swing looks more natural but I believe that Rory's looks more realistic. TGC looks robotic, on Rory it is almost as if you see his weight shift and pull his elbows in as he begins his follow through.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll stick with TGC for now. If they put in a course create and share in and/or release enough courses (there needs to be at least 20-25 to play for me) FOR FREE I'll pay 40 for Rory.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:39 AM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
I'll stick with TGC for now. If they put in a course create and share in and/or release enough courses (there needs to be at least 20-25 to play for me) FOR FREE I'll pay 40 for Rory.
No offense, but that's quite a stretch asking for that, let alone a price drop. You have to remember, they have to pay per course, there would be no revenue at 20-25 courses without charging any..

Honestly, the few courses they do have are better than almost all TGC courses, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Considering the budget for each of the games, TGC did way better with the resources they had at their disposal.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:49 AM   #7
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
No offense, but that's quite a stretch asking for that, let alone a price drop. You have to remember, they have to pay per course, there would be no revenue at 20-25 courses without charging any..

Honestly, the few courses they do have are better than almost all TGC courses, IMO.
Then I won't buy it at all. Was simply stating what it would take for me to buy the game.

TGC is much closer to an actual golf round than Tiger has ever been to me. While the slight graphical upgrade is nice and I would buy it if what I mentioned got put in, having seemingly endless courses as to only 12 is a major (dis)advantage. Playing a full PGA tour season (which is the biggest thing Rory has on TGC to me) on 12 courses would be kind of lame.

And I kinda disagree with your second point. Obviously Tiger is going to look prettier than a 30 dollar digital game from an indie studio, but there are some talented course designers on TGC. I've favorited over a hundred courses, many real course recreations, that are very good and very accurate to their real life counterparts (if applicable) and I have barely scratched the surface.

Last edited by CC; 07-17-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonez7
Considering the budget for each of the games, TGC did way better with the resources they had at their disposal.
Agreed. Imagine what they could do with some more resources and a decent budget. EA and bigger devs are really struggling (Ubisoft) with this gen. Not sure if it's because of piss poor management and ethics or just $'s and cents. I did, however look at EA's financial reports and last year it looks like they cut a lot of resources last year, could be the cause. Cut back on expenses vs. making good products that sell. Sad part is, if they improved their products it would take care of itself, the market is there. Look at smaller studios out of Poland like CDProject Red and Techland, they are putting out way better products with less resources and actually care about their customers. Don't have much hope for the future of EA Sports unless they make some changes at the top. It's an institutional thing similar to that of a big bank. Make money, cut expenses instead of investing in technology and talent...

My two cent rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »