Home

Community suggestions to make rory pga tour more difficult

This is a discussion on Community suggestions to make rory pga tour more difficult within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6

I loved the hardest sim setting on tiger14, and I have been eagelry awaiting this game also. The reviews have been pretty poor on RMPGAT thus far for sim lovers like me. I want to buy this game I really do, does anyone have any suggesitons on how to make missing more right and left happen more often and decreasing accuracy. Missing long/short is fine off tempo, but accuracy is a huge part of golf. Any suggesitons on what be controlled with the game in its current state harder, also would love to hear suggesitons on how to decrease accuracy that could be placed into the game as updates(probably wishful thinking here but one can hope)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Community suggestions to make rory pga tour more difficult

IMO, a similar feature like the Strike meter in TW14 would be helpful, but also I think that L>R and R>L mis-hit penalties could be implemented to increase as the difficulty of the shot and length of club taken into account.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Boss Rousseau's Arena

OVR: 0

For single player you can force yourself to hit a slight draw or fade on every shot. This way you have to go diagonal with the stick.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Rousseau
For single player you can force yourself to hit a slight draw or fade on every shot. This way you have to go diagonal with the stick.
That's silly to have to do that for every shot. I like the idea in theory, but not every player is Bubba Watson and curves it on each shot. Some shots simply require a straight shot and not a slight draw or cut. I think that's tricking up the game too much for difficulty purposes, when adding a strike meter would be sufficient and make the game more difficult.

Just my $0.02
Old 07-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't ZOOM out when on the Tee box or on any shot. I do look at the overhead view. In real life you can't ZOOM out.

You have to learn the course. Helps somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
That's silly to have to do that for every shot. I like the idea in theory, but not every player is Bubba Watson and curves it on each shot. Some shots simply require a straight shot and not a slight draw or cut. I think that's tricking up the game too much for difficulty purposes, when adding a strike meter would be sufficient and make the game more difficult.

Just my $0.02
Agree...and if you have any wind 8-12 MPH or higher, straight shots are much harder as well......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I don't ZOOM out when on the Tee box or on any shot. I do look at the overhead view. In real life you can't ZOOM out.

You have to learn the course. Helps somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. But in real golf you are able to see things a couple hundred yards away and don't really need to zoom. Also, in real golf tee boxes aren't always smack dab in the middle of the box.

That is one thing i wish the developers could find a way to incorporate moving the tee markers around on the box and creating different angles for tee shots from round to round. That is one feature i'd love to see and it would really change the difficulty in my opinion.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Boss Rousseau's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto

Just my $0.02
I mean, you can give it the slightest of fades.. like 2 yards worth or something and it will still make you swing diagonal.

To me its a decent way to force the diagonal swing, which is what made TW14 difficult enough to enjoy.

I hear you about tricking up the game but IMO with a slight fade/draw its barely changing anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »