Home

What golf game is the best for career?

This is a discussion on What golf game is the best for career? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What golf game is the best for career?

have a question.

I'm very big on franchise mode sports games. Madden, NBA2k, NHL, etc. My brother and I love building teams, using realistic settings, and plying multiple years/seasons together.

I have been waiting for this Rory game for 2 years now. Been dying to play a golf game.

The Golf Club is more playing against others and not really the feel of the PGA Tour.

So my question is..... if this game is only going to have a few courses, few actual golfers, etc - what golf game should I get? I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods 2008 or something like that.

I have no problem buying an older older Tiger Woods game and playing it on my last gen if It's going to be the best one in terms of career mode since Rory may not be the right game (at least right now).

So.... since this one looks like it's not ready - what Tiger Woods version game would you recommend that has the most yearly tournaments, best career set up, most real pro golfers, etc?

Thanks for your help everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
Rookie

BKJ7's Arena

Re: What golf game is the best for career?

Tiger 14 is the probably the best over all but a lot of people like 10 and 12 too . 14' has way more courses than RM and plays really well. I would never go back to last gen though personally, I'm just gonna stick with RM and give it a chance.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I would also recommend TW14. If you can, keep your PS3 off of the network; a lot of folks had freezing issues and that seemed to help.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Exactly what the people before me said, Tiger 14. 20 championship courses on the standard version and 25 on masters. You hardly ever have to replace courses with repeat courses like you do in previous installments. The game plays great and is very crisp. Also the first Tiger to feature a playoff system for when golfers are tied at the end of Round 4.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Definitely Tiger 14. It has more courses, more tournaments in the schedule (most of which are licensed/branded), and the majors rotate courses from year to year unlike previous versions.

If your playing PS3 I think you can still buy the Course Packs too, which you can then use in the season schedule.

I'm an offline career guy only, it is without a doubt the best golf game ever made in terms of career-mode & PGA licensing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Tiger Woods 14, no doubt.

World Golf Rankings, Web.com Tour, season money list, trophy rooms, stat tracking, lots of courses, lots of real-life licensed tournaments (especially the Masters), actual playoffs when there's a tie after the final round, etc.

I still play it today on PS3. I'm fine with playing TW 14 for a many years to come.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 07-14-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedge
have a question.

I'm very big on franchise mode sports games. Madden, NBA2k, NHL, etc. My brother and I love building teams, using realistic settings, and plying multiple years/seasons together.

I have been waiting for this Rory game for 2 years now. Been dying to play a golf game.

The Golf Club is more playing against others and not really the feel of the PGA Tour.

So my question is..... if this game is only going to have a few courses, few actual golfers, etc - what golf game should I get? I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods 2008 or something like that.

I have no problem buying an older older Tiger Woods game and playing it on my last gen if It's going to be the best one in terms of career mode since Rory may not be the right game (at least right now).

So.... since this one looks like it's not ready - what Tiger Woods version game would you recommend that has the most yearly tournaments, best career set up, most real pro golfers, etc?

Thanks for your help everyone!
If you want an immersive PGA Tour experience, then you need to checkout tgctours.com. That's all it is. They even run the tournaments the same week as the real tournament.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallz0307
If you want an immersive PGA Tour experience, then you need to checkout tgctours.com. That's all it is. They even run the tournaments the same week as the real tournament.
Yes and no. Most of the courses are not the same as the actual PGA TOUR course for that week.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »