Home

The first time I play NHL 16, I will look for ____

This is a discussion on The first time I play NHL 16, I will look for ____ within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2015, 02:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The first time I play NHL 16, I will look for ____

Hey everyone,

To quickly inform you all, the EA NHL GameChangers / EASHL Committee group will be headed back to Vancouver to playtest NHL 16 again next week (Wednesday July 15 - Friday July 17). The last time we were there I made an effort to try all the game modes at least for a little bit of time and I made a forum post about the stuff I remembered once I left. There was a shocking amount of questions that were asked in response to that forum post that I really didn't have an answer to. So when we playtest again next week, I would like to be able to jot some notes down about what people are specifically looking for in NHL 16 so I can give you guys answers to your specific questions. This is why I titled the thread the way it is, so I can give you guys some answers before you play to help clarify any misconceptions.

If you have a specific question about the gameplay or gamemodes, please post it and I will try to check for as many of them as I can. If it has to do with the AI, keep in mind that most of our time there is spent playing EASHL where there isn't AI. However, if you want a breakdown of the "new" edit player feature that you all have been dying for, (article link to those who have not seen : https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...16-edit-player ) , I'll be happy to write down what is actually included. With that being said, what do you guys expect from the edit player feature? Are the four things listed in the screenshot (general info, appearance, equipment, attributes) the only things you would want to edit? Or is there potentially something else missing?

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to reveal most of what is in the game so far. I'll double check with the guys there, as I think they still have some stuff left to announce (including the EASHL announcement later this month which you all should be HYPED for).

I think I'll make another thread (or add on to this one) in the upcoming days, so stay tuned for that too. Thanks.
-Oohwayy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: The first time I play NHL 16, I will look for ____

First thing I'd look for in the edit player feature would be if there was a way to edit the playoff beard without editing what the player looked like in regular games. It would be a small gripe, but it would kind of suck to play several seasons into the future and still see your now late 20's superstar still growing a weak teen 'stache during your epic run for the cup.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Hey Oohwayy

THIS List is full of Questions ;-)
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-systems.html

And

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=136

Last edited by CupCrazyManiac; 07-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Take a look at how the CPU controlled players AI is. Mainly defensive AI. This is the single most important issue in gameplay. Nothing worse then clueless floating CPU players. Thanks
Old 07-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Take a look at how the CPU controlled players AI is. Mainly defensive AI. This is the single most important issue in gameplay. Nothing worse then clueless floating CPU players. Thanks
This.

Plus, neutral zone pressure with AI defenders. Can you still skate zone-to-zone without much challenge?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Goalies! (What else? ) Actually, for once I am interested in any EASHL info you can provide (though don't think this means I don't want goalie info!).

Nah, whatever you can get about offline stuff is cool. Thanks for posting!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I posted an entire list of questions from your post about your last visit that went unanswered. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=136 That was from a month and a half ago, when you last came around.

I play EASHL over 95% of the time, usually with only 3 humans and 3 cpu players on my team, on average. So the stuff I asked is very much geared towards the gameplay and AI.

And my list of questions/concerns should be brought and shown/discussed with the devs because these are legacy issues that have not been addressed in years, and keep finding their way back into the game. They need to know that these issues are a priority and that we notice them adversely impacting the game's experience on a daily level.

Last edited by bigwill33; 07-10-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #8
Banned

I know most people are going to focus on gameplay. Having said that, can you look for what's new and what's missing in Be a GM mode (things like scouting, trading, that sort of stuff).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »