Home

New game mode suggestion-Bronze only or silver+bronze only.

This is a discussion on New game mode suggestion-Bronze only or silver+bronze only. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm tired of playing people who have entire team of Diamonds and the best legends. Would be pretty fun to play people with limited teams and you could still make some pretty good teams I think.
Anyone else think something like this would be good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Rookie

That's not as appealing as regular DD. however, a DD with a cap mode on would be rather interesting forcing people to find gems in various positions
Old 07-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Re: New game mode suggestion-Bronze only or silver+bronze only.

unfortunately it probably would never be like that. i know NHL's HUT had tournaments that had restrictions like that, however no one ever played them so they just removed those in the next game. they probably found people who play DD/HUT/MUT/ETC want to play with the best of the best.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't know bronze/silver-only type cap system is the answer, but I do feel DD needs to incorporate elements of "evaluating trade-offs" in order to stay engaging as a game mode.

A group full of people with using "the best of the best" players and strategies is naturally expected in online, but given that it is so easy obtain the best cards and employ the best strategies that are borderline exploits of game balance holes, the mode has become rather stale playing against like-minded gamers as I got higher in ranking.

It really is not a new issue in DD... but I feel what really is missing here is that the game is only interesting when we have to evaluate a series of trade-offs. When we know the only sensible tactics is to keep getting more without losing anything (which is what the current DD is), then there is no room to think about strategies.

Just pay spare $$$, keep clicking buttons like trained monkeys, and you will be rewarded with sweeter bananas... I don't think that's a good video game.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah I've said this from the beginning that they either need A)A salary Cap where each player is worth a certain much of money based on overall B)Card restrictions per div (E.G, only 1 diamond allowed in SS but then allow 2 in DS, 3 in CS, 4 in WS...etc) C)Add silver/bronze tourneys to play in.

I've actually made 2 new accounts just for playing with a silver only team and one is a bronze only team. My one exception is that I do use my DD player for both. Which leads me to another point..your DD player should have caps and you should choose what type of player you want to make him early on. I don't like the fact he can be a pitcher, catcher, 3b, CF, SS, etc....and you can just max him without thinking about any consequences.

Silver only: http://theshownation.com/players/TheShowProdigy
Bronze only: http://theshownation.com/players/I_stink_at_mlb

Example of games I play with my bronze: http://theshownation.com/boxscores/22432725

Nothing more satisfying then beating stacked teams with all bronzes lol.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Yea I like the idea of a salary cap or limiting the # of diamond players you can have.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:20 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

There isn't really a need for a new game mode.

Like Fifa, the game could match you up with people with the same color team or overall.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
Just started!

I would love this mode!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »