Home

RttS player riding the bench his entire rookie year?

This is a discussion on RttS player riding the bench his entire rookie year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
RttS player riding the bench his entire rookie year?

OK, I've had this happen a couple times before. My RttS player will get called up before he is ready, sometimes only high 60's rated, and he'll just ride the bench all season. Makes sense based on ratings, just annoyed that the CPU roster logic still hasn't been updated/fixed to prevent this and make it more realistic.

HOWEVER - I created a new Power Hitting 1st baseman, was drafted by the Red Sox. Spent all of 1st season in AA, but made the MLB roster out of spring training his second season. To prevent the bench role call up, I dumped a bunch of STUBS into training points, and got him into the low 80's overall. STILL riding the BENCH! There is a Rule 5 pick in the lineup ahead of me, he is only upper 60's rated. Now I'm in mid June, I only have about 100 at bats subbing at 1st base and RF. My player is hitting .380, 8 home runs and 28 RBI (2 Grand Slams padding the RBI total), yet he STILL will not be made a starter by the manager. I complain about playing time, no affect. Ask for a trade and am told they couldn't find a trade partner. Meanwhile, I've had to start buying training points to keep my player's ratings up since he isn't getting playing time to earn enough points.

Has anyone figured out a way to get around being a top prospect who rides the bench in RttS? Or are we just stuck with it?

Sure does seem like it could possibly be one sneaky strategy by Sony San Diego to force us to use our Stubs, and consequently buy more Stubs. "oh, your player doesn't get enough playing time to keep his ratings up? You can just buy some Stubs"

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 07-05-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: RttS player riding the bench his entire rookie year?

It is just the roster management A.I. that isn't very dynamic... hopefully GM/managerial A.I. gets more love very soon.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: RttS player riding the bench his entire rookie year?

I kid you not: exact same situation here. Power-hitting 1B with Boston. Leading the team in BA. Some quadruple A scrub gets to DH every night. Ortiz is declining and Napoli is meh.
I'm rated as the third best hitter in their organization. I get like one start every week.

Here is the kicker (continuation of last year's RTTS): Boston signed Shields and retained Lester...... They traded both of them, separately, for people I have never heard of (yes I have legit, real rosters).

We were in first place......... and they traded their top to pitchers for nothing........... idk its making me lose my mind- all these loading screens for one pinch hit AB in the bottom of the ninth against a closer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »