Home

This game needs better matchmaking

This is a discussion on This game needs better matchmaking within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
This game needs better matchmaking

With the state of The Show's servers every single year there has to be better matchmaking. I'm in Texas, there is NO REASON why I should EVER play someone in Canada. If they aren't going to get better servers they absolutely have to limit who can play each other.

this is the worst gaming experience period when lagging, they have to do something about it.

Last edited by Biizz713; 07-01-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Re: This game needs better matchmaking

Uhh I've pretty much played ever The Show game since I think 07-08 I forget but so far this year as far as lag goes has been the best I could remember. In the past I'd only play like 5-10 online games and it would be an unplayable lag fest that was pointless. This year at least you can play a game more often then not. In no way am I saying it's perfect and they do need some improvements but for the first time for me online has been playable. One of the main reasons I've switched from a RTTS player to a dd player.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Uhh I've pretty much played ever The Show game since I think 07-08 I forget but so far this year as far as lag goes has been the best I could remember. In the past I'd only play like 5-10 online games and it would be an unplayable lag fest that was pointless. This year at least you can play a game more often then not. In no way am I saying it's perfect and they do need some improvements but for the first time for me online has been playable. One of the main reasons I've switched from a RTTS player to a dd player.
You're proving my point for me. This is the best it's ever been and it's still completely unplayable experience when you play someone who isn't near you geographically. Did I hit a double or did the CF casually walk over and catch it? who knows? Did I just hit a single or was that a ground out? did that ball just bounce off the wall? nope it was a line out.

If they could find a way to split people up by region I think it would be a much more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #4
Rookie

I agree it's ****ty. Lost a game last week because I thought his infielder threw the ball away at first so i went from second to home but then the inning was over and i was like wtf just happened. There was no error it was just lag and i was out easily.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Same for me. I've never played more than a game or two online the past 6 or 7 years of playing the show because the lag was always unmanageable. This year I have no problem with lag and even when it does it doesn't affect anything and I can finally enjoy playing against other people. Might be your internet connection if you're having that big of a problem. I've seen plenty of videos of people playing online with little to no lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »