Home

Punt return advice?

This is a discussion on Punt return advice? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Punt return advice?

I think I've returned one punt for a TD ever, and that was on rookie.

On all pro, it seems like no matter what I call, the computer guys run run down the field like a solid wall and crush me. My guys don't even block.

I've had a little better returns actually using punt block. Not that I ever block the kick, but that play actually makes the computer guys hold up a half second.

So I get a 10 yard return, instead of 5.

Anyone have advice? I can juke one guy and get my 5 yards instead of -1, but then the other 9 guys (and the punter too it seems) blow me up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Punt return advice?

fair catch....

the reward vs the risk of a hitstick or strip induced fumble isnt worth it considering the poor blocking.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiphos

On all pro, it seems like no matter what I call, the computer guys run run down the field like a solid wall and crush me. My guys don't even block.

I've had a little better returns actually using punt block. Not that I ever block the kick, but that play actually makes the computer guys hold up a half second.

Anyone have advice? I can juke one guy and get my 5 yards instead of -1, but then the other 9 guys (and the punter too it seems) blow me up.
For kick returns I wait for some holes to set up before pressing the sprint button and follow my blockers. For punt returns I spin/juke the first few defenders and pick a sideline, sometimes the blocks will be there and I can break one for a TD, othertimes I end up with a 20-30yd gain.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

no1xdraftpck's Arena

Sometimes right as I catch it I use the LT animation and it sort of freezes the D for a second. Read the holes from there. Not a ton of success and the fair catch option is always the safer bet!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Choose return left or return right as opposite of the hash mark the punter is punting from. Return middle's blocking is TERRIBLE, at least when you set the blocking up this way you know the direction and should have a few decent blocks if you can make the first guy miss.

Also if you use sliders raising run blocking helps a lot.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Punt return advice?

I've only returned two this year and Both times I was really drunk, I think that's the key to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
fair catch....

the reward vs the risk of a hitstick or strip induced fumble isnt worth it considering the poor blocking.
This is a noob question...but which is the fair catch button?

And thanks for the other advice guys. Gonna use left/right return from now on. Try and juke 1-2, get what I can.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
This is a noob question...but which is the fair catch button?

And thanks for the other advice guys. Gonna use left/right return from now on. Try and juke 1-2, get what I can.
You have to click on to the returner and press the triangle on PS4 or Y on XBOX.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »