Home

Will Jack Eichel Get Licensed for NHL 16?

This is a discussion on Will Jack Eichel Get Licensed for NHL 16? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-28-2015, 12:31 AM   #1
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Will Jack Eichel Get Licensed for NHL 16?

Because of the NHL's "after one game" rule for incoming rookies, do you suppose we'll see a fully-licensed Jack Eichel in an NHL 16 roster update should he turn pro? This would mean a front end photo, cyberface and commentary.

I don't think he'll be fully licensed until NHL 17 (or later should he stay at BU) because of his college background. The MLB has the same rule and never made exceptions, apart from only two players (to my knowledge): Masahiro Tanaka, who had player-specific commentary after the first roster update the year he debuted in The Show, and Jorge Contreras, who was included out of the box in MLB 2K3. Neither player had cyberfaces or front end photos until the following game.

As a Buffalo resident and local sports fan, I'm used to optimism and wishful thinking...but the harsh reality, as always, may just be "wait 'til next year".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Will Jack Eichel Get Licensed for NHL 16?

Only if he agreed to be scanned in sometime soon would he have a cyber face that could be added after he becomes a member of the NHLPA.

The commentary could be in the game now with no real issues, but that doesn't mean that it will be, either.

And with how slow EA's roster updates occur, I wouldn't bet on NHL 16, but that is just me.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

It's going to be just like every other year. He'll be in a roster update after he plays in the NHL. They usually wait for every team to play a game before they release one. He may not get a face and commentary but I imagine he will; everyone knew he was going to be in the NHL next year, they could have easily planned ahead. If he doesn't he'll still show up in the game and get a scan the following year almost undoubtedly.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Guyamir11's Arena

OVR: 1

very simple, no. unless he play in the NHL. then, they will create him. no photo, etc.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

The licensing rules are very strict for college players, so unless he joins the team at some point this year he won't be fully licensed. The rumors here in Boston are he will return to BU for one more seasons and that is probably best for him as he still needs to mature and get a little stronger before he is ready for the AHL/NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The licensing rules are very strict for college players, so unless he joins the team at some point this year he won't be fully licensed. The rumors here in Boston are he will return to BU for one more seasons and that is probably best for him as he still needs to mature and get a little stronger before he is ready for the AHL/NHL.

This is correct. Eichel said before the draft that he's either playing in the NHL or going back to college. The only way he'll be in the game is unless he plays in the NHL or he signs with the Saint John Sea Dogs (which he has already ruled out).
Old 06-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

I doubt that he'll get in the game beyond his name and ratings. Kevin Hayes of the Rangers was in the same situation in NHL 15, and when they added him, it was without so much as a photo, even in the most recent roster update.

As it is, they do a lousy job of scanning heads, and even some of the ones that do have scans are terrible. Henrik Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie in the NHL (EA Canada would seem to agree, since he's tied at the top in NHL 15 ratings-wise), and his face is hilariously out of date. I can't even remember the last time he played without a beard, yet he's clean-shaven in the NHL games.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

No Name's Arena

Why can't they add a photo when they update rosters and add players seems like it be easy no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »