Home

Historical 2008 Season In Progress...

This is a discussion on Historical 2008 Season In Progress... within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

OVR: 0
Historical 2008 Season In Progress...

***Project in hiatus until further notice***

So I started by working on a 2008 Pittsburgh Pirates roster for my own franchise use, but I have decided to go full on with all 30 teams. This may not be the best historical roster out there but I am going to try to make it playable. I am using existing SECA players and CAPs I can find from various sources out there to simplify the process. So this won't be perfect with ages and such. I am using JTRoster Builder tool to come up with rosters and help out with ratings. I have it planned to be close to a 90man. But I know it won't be perfect. But I can guarantee it will be better than most of the 2000's rosters from '14 that have been posted on the vault.

I will keep this thread updated as I make progress.

So far I have the Pirates pretty much complete. I have The existing players from the base roster I am using transferred for Baltimore, Boston and New York Yankees so far.

Note: If you see any of your CAPs or don't want any of your CAPs used please let me know. I will try and give credit to wherever I find good CAPs. And if you have any good CAPs from that era and want to contribute them let me know!! I could always use good CAPs.

Update 6/26 4am: I am through the AL East and the White Sox. I have all the players from the base roster moved to those teams as they should be. And the remainder or their 90-mans generic'd out. Making progress.....

Update 7/22 5AM: AL all moved to correct teams. WIP Google sheet can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Update 7/25 4:30AM: More work done moving players. Updated google sheet

Update 7/26 4:08AM: Lots done. Got all the way to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh was already completed pretty close. Making progress.

Update 7/27 2:27AM: Down to 2 teams to do player transfers. SD and SF. Then fix Free Agents.

Update 7/28 4:23AM: All players moved to 2008 teams. All non 2008 players generic'd out. Free agents all generic except a few who were in Japan or hurt in 2008, etc. Need to go through Pittsburgh sometime. Uploaded a very beta preview to the vault. PSN: KingJeremy666 Roster: 2008 Very Beta.

Last edited by jermars666; 08-25-2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Progress update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Historical 2008 Season In Progress...

Not that it really matters much in the grand scheme but will Glavine & Smoltz be included w/Atl.? Thanks!
#44Syracuse
Old 06-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Not that it really matters much in the grand scheme but will Glavine & Smoltz be included w/Atl.? Thanks!
They are on the roster list I have for the Braves and I have found some really good CAPs of them from another historical roster so the answer is YES, with almost a 100% probability.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:52 AM   #4
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Update: I have gotten up to Detroit so far. Been working on cars and playing Fallout 3 from the start again LOL
Old 07-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

So time for an update. I have been slacking on making rosters. But I did a bunch recently. Got up to Oakland's guys transferred over and the non 2008 guys from them generic-ed out. Three teams left in the AL then onto the NL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Definitely interested in this
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #7
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

I know I have not updated this in a while. But I have all of the players from the base roster I am using to the correct teams for all of the American League. Was able to do three teams today. This hurts the eyes and is so tedious. But I will push on this and not play other video games for a while. Oh and I also linked a google sheet that I am using for the roster set. All the yellow highlights are guys that have been moved. If they are in white then they are not in the base I am using and I will have to either create or find these players from other sources.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #8
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Progress progress..... Keep on plugging away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »