Home

Why is batting timing so off in MLB 15?

This is a discussion on Why is batting timing so off in MLB 15? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #1
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Why is batting timing so off in MLB 15?

Been playing this series for years and there's something wrong with MLB 15 in regards to batting and timing. I don't know if it's input lag or what, but I'm playing on a low input lag Panasonic plasma and I'm always late on 95% of all pitches no matter what. This is the same TV I've used for MLB 14 and previous versions and never had any issues with timing. I always hit everything on time before, but in 15 I'm always late. Tried it on my Sony LED in the bedroom which is also very low input lag and it's the same thing I'm still late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Why is batting timing so off in MLB 15?

Did you just get the game or something? I ask because I felt the same way early on. At this point though I'm quite used to it, and I wouldn't call it input lag; it feels more like a 1:1 where you need to start your swing appropriately "early" so as to allow the bat head the time to get into the zone. It's very difficult to just swing "at" a pitch; you have to anticipate its final location. Thinking about it, most of my best swings are when I start the swing while the ball is still a good 6-10 feet from home plate.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Did you just get the game or something? I ask because I felt the same way early on. At this point though I'm quite used to it, and I wouldn't call it input lag; it feels more like a 1:1 where you need to start your swing appropriately "early" so as to allow the bat head the time to get into the zone. It's very difficult to just swing "at" a pitch; you have to anticipate its final location. Thinking about it, most of my best swings are when I start the swing while the ball is still a good 6-10 feet from home plate.

No, I've had the game since release date. MLB 15 is the only one I've had this issue with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

You could lower pitch speed, raise your timing slider, or try picking up the ball sooner out of the pitcher's hand. I know how it can sound and I'm not trying to be conceited or arrogant-quite the opposite. When I started looking for the pitcher's hand coming up from behind his back instead of just looking for his release point, I started being earlier on everything. The offspeed pitches got a bit of a makeover so it tends to speed up/slow down my bat a bit more. I mean, if I'm getting a lot of fastballs, I'll be early on offspeed pitches a lot but also vice versa makes me behind fastballs as well. I think it adds a bit more to the game in its own way, but that is just opinion.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was having the same issues with timing and squaring up pitches using Directional, so I knocked the pitch speed slider down a tick while increasing the solid contact slider 1 tick. Seems to be helping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #6
Rookie

k_reem33's Arena

OVR: 2

If the TV you're playing on has a game mode, make sure that it's turned on. Tested this out when the game first launched and it was like night and day. I play on the default sliders by the way

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Madden NFL 24
NBA 2K24
NCAA Football 14
MLB The Show 24
Battlefield 2042
Call of Duty
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have you tried different camera angles or custom angles ?
I also find this very frustrating, I would like for their to be a setting that no matter what a strike would be pitched just so I can work on timing with the different hitters on the squad. I've lowered the pitch speed and increased the timing window, still bad luck.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reem33
If the TV you're playing on has a game mode, make sure that it's turned on. Tested this out when the game first launched and it was like night and day. I play on the default sliders by the way

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
My tv is already on game mode, and on the previous versions I never had this issue at all. My TVs have very low input lag. As far as sliders it won't really work for me because I play in leagues mainly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »