Home

Delay in pitch meter and when swinging the bat

This is a discussion on Delay in pitch meter and when swinging the bat within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Delay in pitch meter and when swinging the bat

Basically, I can't even pitch or hit anymore because there's a delay when I press the X button. It doesn't delay when I select menu options or anything, only when I try to hit the pitch meter accurately or swing the bat. So it won't hit the yellow part of the pitch meter or I can't swing unless I press X like a full second early. Anyone know what's up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Delay in pitch meter and when swinging the bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by koke08
Basically, I can't even pitch or hit anymore because there's a delay when I press the X button. It doesn't delay when I select menu options or anything, only when I try to hit the pitch meter accurately or swing the bat. So it won't hit the yellow part of the pitch meter or I can't swing unless I press X like a full second early. Anyone know what's up?
Could be a controller issue. My left stick wouldnt work correctly in the menus but was fine in game when moving the ball around as i pitched. Took my controller apart and it fixed it somehow.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Could be a controller issue. My left stick wouldnt work correctly in the menus but was fine in game when moving the ball around as i pitched. Took my controller apart and it fixed it somehow.
I don't think it's the controller. I played other games and did not notice a delay. It's not only the pitch meter but the pulse as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #4
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
I don't think it's the controller. I played other games and did not notice a delay. It's not only the pitch meter but the pulse as well

A full second delay? That seems crazy, are you sure it is literally a second or does it just feel like it?).

If it is literally a 1 second delay, maybe uninstall the game and re-install? A full second is too much to be lag from your TV unless you really turned on every single post-processing picture and sound option your TV has. But probably still good to check and see it is in Game Mode anyway. But my bet is on a hiccup in the way the game is loading into memory. Not sure a re-install will really help or not.

Is it in all game modes you are seeing the delay?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
A full second delay? That seems crazy, are you sure it is literally a second or does it just feel like it?).

If it is literally a 1 second delay, maybe uninstall the game and re-install? A full second is too much to be lag from your TV unless you really turned on every single post-processing picture and sound option your TV has. But probably still good to check and see it is in Game Mode anyway. But my bet is on a hiccup in the way the game is loading into memory. Not sure a re-install will really help or not.

Is it in all game modes you are seeing the delay?
Well not a full second. But it is a very noticeable delay. Everything else works fine it is just in the MLB the show. And yes I tried all the game modes and the delay is still there. I have not tried online though. Can I save my franchise somewhere before re-installing the game? I would hate to start all over again if I can't

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

rebuild database on the PS4
Old 06-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Can I save my franchise somewhere before re-installing the game? I would hate to start all over again if I can't

I'm not 100% sure, but I think your save games will stay when you uninstall. Those would have to be deleted separately. You probably would want to Google that to make sure, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »