Home

any helpful tips for a PES beginner?

This is a discussion on any helpful tips for a PES beginner? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
any helpful tips for a PES beginner?

Just recently switched to PES and loving every second of the game play. Just want to see if there's anything I should know that would help my experience? I'm mostly going to be playing Master League so any tips for that mode would be helpful.

I'm still learning from the game, offense is improving but coming from FIFA my defense needs a lot of work still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: any helpful tips for a PES beginner?

Best thing to do is try to play it without playing like you would play FIFA, (if that makes any sense).

I would turn all the assists off, passing and shooting and you will get a lot more fun out of it. Start out on Professional difficulty and slowly work your way up.

Double tap x for tackling without sliding, but be careful to get your timing right or you will get called for a foul. That's all that comes to mind for now. Enjoy yourself. For a change of pace try playing coach mode. I have been all weekend.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #3
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Best thing to do is try to play it without playing like you would play FIFA, (if that makes any sense).

I would turn all the assists off, passing and shooting and you will get a lot more fun out of it. Start out on Professional difficulty and slowly work your way up.

Double tap x for tackling without sliding, but be careful to get your timing right or you will get called for a foul. That's all that comes to mind for now. Enjoy yourself. For a change of pace try playing coach mode. I have been all weekend.
I would actually advice him to lower assists only when he's really good, and also not all at once, but getting used to each level.
Also, I believe that Top Player is the worst level, and you probably should play on Professional and when you rip teams apart, move straight up to Superstar, it'll be tough at first, but you'll get the hang of it quite quickly.

Also, my advise for defense is not charge too much, especially considering the stamina bar drains very quickly.
And really my biggest advice is doing a master league with a big team once in a while, to have fun signing amazing players.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Thanks for the input, learned the hard way charging on defense. CPU ends up killing me every time. I need to break all my FIFA habits. I'm having a blast either way, I'm glad I made the switch.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:42 AM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Also, I believe that Top Player is the worst level, and you probably should play on Professional and when you rip teams apart, move straight up to Superstar, it'll be tough at first, but you'll get the hang of it quite quickly.
Why is Top Player the worst level? Thats where im playing now, but i dont play enough to get what youre talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Top Player is my niche for ML & BAL. I'm not good enough to play on Superstar although I always use mid-to-bottom level clubs.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
Why is Top Player the worst level? Thats where im playing now, but i dont play enough to get what youre talking about.
Top player is my least favorite level, so I play on professional at home and superstar away.
I just played an exhibition between colombia and argentina (copa america knock outs) on top player, and in 10 minutes, argentina scored 3(!) goals... It's not that I'm that bad, and it a was very weird game.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Top player is my least favorite level, so I play on professional at home and superstar away.
I just played an exhibition between colombia and argentina (copa america knock outs) on top player, and in 10 minutes, argentina scored 3(!) goals... It's not that I'm that bad, and it a was very weird game.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »