Home

Team Play

This is a discussion on Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

lbjcavsx23's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon13 Team Play

Why does EA refuse to add it back? As a long time loyal customer and a heavy OTP user since Madden 11 this has made me very frustrated.

I don't understand why it's so hard to keep it, there would even be people willing to pay a DLC for it. Not only does EA refuse to keep it in the game they don't even give its loyal fans a reasonable explanation why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Team Play

Did they announce that it's not in Madden 16?
Old 06-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh21
Did they announce that it's not in Madden 16?
Well to be 100%, no they did not announce it.

It's just speculaction, since they aren't boasting about it like other features. We probably won't know until a non EA person jumps around the menus (unless that has happened). Since it's an online H2H mode.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm with you. Team Up modes are always my mode of choice in sports games. So many of my friends growing up live in different cities now and team up modes are a great way for us to recapture meeting up at each others' houses and playing some games.

The gameplay is actually pretty encouraging so far. I wouldn't classify it as mind-blowing or anything, but it looks like most every aspect is up to a playable/enjoyable level.

However ... without a team up mode to play with friends, I wonder if I'll get enough enjoyment out of playing the CPU to warrant a purchase. Ultimately, I may do what I did last year and just rent it a few times to get my football fix. If Online Team Play is out again this year, I've going to have a hard time throwing down $65 for it.

At the very least, I wish they at least had an answer for why it was removed.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I doubt it's in, but wish it is.

Did they ever say why it was taken out? I don't understand.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 04:33 AM   #6
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Shopmaster has confirmed that there is no OTP on Twitter (Can't post link as I don't have 5 posts yet))

I play a lot of madden with my other half's younger brother. The joint franchise we had going when he stayed with us last summer was so much fun. Wish that EA could find a way for us to continue that fun when he's 2 hours away at his own place!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjcavsx23
Why does EA refuse to add it back? As a long time loyal customer and a heavy OTP user since Madden 11 this has made me very frustrated.

I don't understand why it's so hard to keep it, there would even be people willing to pay a DLC for it. Not only does EA refuse to keep it in the game they don't even give its loyal fans a reasonable explanation why.
Just watched a video by Wyza (and Ipodkingcenter). Rex said that when the devs looked at the frequency of game modes being played, OTP was not played much compared to other modes(one of the least actually). There was not enough usage by consumers to put resources into bringing the mode back and maintaining it (servers).

This is exactly what he said:
"Until we feel confident in investing in and making it a AAA experience, thats when we will bring it back"

Makes sense imo just sucks that I started getting into playing OTP towards the end of M25, then it's gone the following year.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Just watched a video by Wyza (and Ipodkingcenter). Rex said that when the devs looked at the frequency of game modes being played, OTP was not played much compared to other modes(one of the least actually). There was not enough usage by consumers to put resources into bringing the mode back and maintaining it (servers).

This is exactly what he said:
"Until we feel confident in investing in and making it a AAA experience, thats when we will bring it back"

Makes sense imo just sucks that I started getting into playing OTP towards the end of M25, then it's gone the following year.
It didn't seem to get touted as much as other features, they buried it in the menus, didn't allow you to set up a party with friends and play other randoms, provided no stat tracking/record keeping ... and they're surprised it wasn't heavily utilized? People had played Madden 1v1 online for years and years and it's what they were accustomed to. Did they really think that would change in just one-two years? Especially when OTP lacked the features present in 1v1?

It's an answer at least. I just wish they would look at the popularity of team-up modes in FIFA, NHL, NBA 2K, etc and maybe consider the fact that it was the structure of OTP, and not the concept itself, that was lacking in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »