Home

PSA - Custom Hitting Camera Changed Everything

This is a discussion on PSA - Custom Hitting Camera Changed Everything within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PSA - Custom Hitting Camera Changed Everything

I've always had a tough time recreating the batting experience I had in my playing days while playing the show. Simply put, everything looked like a strike to me in previous versions of the show. Offspeeed pitch depth was hard to identify, and I just couldn't get the same feel I had in real life.

That all changed when I created a custom hitting view. Basically I have the camera as high up as it will let you go at the plate, and it's zoomed in as far as it can. This results in being able to barely see the hitter (only one shoulder is slightly visible), but the experience is SO much closer to real life.

The camera looks like it's tilted down towards the pitcher instead of up at the pitcher (like the traditional catcher cameras)

Ideally, I would love to be able to create a camera angle from the hitter's eye, but this does the trick for now.

I'm taking pitches that are balls more and more, and it's just an awesome experience.

Give it a shot!

I took last year off, so I'm not sure if custom camera angles were possible, but I'm very thankful the SCEA team built this feature.

Give it a shot, it's great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PSA - Custom Hitting Camera Changed Everything

I used to love the catcher view because I am an umpire now and I am used to seeing the pitch from a similar angle.

But I tried Catcher Zoom 3 recently and I love it.

I might try a Custom angle similar to how you describe your angle.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I've always thought a 1st person batting camera would be neat. Even if it was mostly just a gimmick, like 1st person football was in NFL 2K, still would be fun to play once in a while.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:19 AM   #4
Rookie

lolitskaleb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I've always thought a 1st person batting camera would be neat. Even if it was mostly just a gimmick, like 1st person football was in NFL 2K, still would be fun to play once in a while.
Exactly! It would be awesome to see through the eyes of your RTTS player walking up to the plate making his MLB debut!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I think the camera can be the biggest enemy to those struggling with hitting. The default angles are awful imo, especially on higher difficulties with anything high in the strike zone.

I made a thread awhile ago about them, with my thoughts and own Custom Camera. HERE

I really hope the devs take a good hard look at Cameras next year, and give us some more optimal, realistic choices. Just having the option to offset each camera would be a good start.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »