Home

An idea to make DD a little better.

This is a discussion on An idea to make DD a little better. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
An idea to make DD a little better.

By now, most teams have pretty much top everything. I played 3 games this morning and I faced Seaver, Ryan, I forgot the 3rd. I'm not complaining, I won 2 of 3 but it's kinda boring. Part of the fun of just playing regular exhibition games is forcing you to use the a teams whole rotation. I like the challenge of using low 80s, high 70s players. I know I could just challenge myself but why when most others wouldn't. This is why I would implement a Tier system where each starting pitcher has to be separated by 3. So if your top pitcher is 95, your 5th starter would have to be 83 or below. Your number 1 would be your highest overall and so on and you would use the pitchers in a rotation like in online exhibition games. So you throw each pitcher every 5th game.

Am I crazy? Good idea? Missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: An idea to make DD a little better.

How about if they just implement a salary cap. If you want a rotation full of aces you'd need to compensate somewhere else on your roster like maybe you'll use some cheap middle infielders.

You could also build your team with only a few top tier pitchers but the 5th starter might be a cheap option. This would enable you to strengthen another area on your team.

I know Diamond Dynasty is based on building the best team possible but change is good.

Also, I don't like the idea of having separate (salary cap/no cap) leagues because this could hurt the ability to find matches quickly.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Caucasianator's Arena

OVR: 0

Invites, matchmaking, whatever you would like to call it. Don't need to make different salary cap/no cap leagues. Provide an invite system and we can manage the rest. Create leagues between OS users with salary cap restrictions, or anything else.
and currently stuck in Michigan, QQ.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
How about if they just implement a salary cap. If you want a rotation full of aces you'd need to compensate somewhere else on your roster like maybe you'll use some cheap middle infielders.

You could also build your team with only a few top tier pitchers but the 5th starter might be a cheap option. This would enable you to strengthen another area on your team.

I know Diamond Dynasty is based on building the best team possible but change is good.

Also, I don't like the idea of having separate (salary cap/no cap) leagues because this could hurt the ability to find matches quickly.
I started a thread with this exact idea about a week ago, so I am going to piggyback off of what you are saying.

A salary cap is REALLY needed in this mode. They could have a simple two leagues. One with a cap, one with not. If they wanted to make some extra money they could even do it so you start by picking if you want to be in a salary cap or no salary cap league to start and then if you want your second team then it will cost you stubs. This would generate more revenue for them while still allowing people like me who are not going to spend any stubs to begin with on cards to enjoy the mode.
Its really annoying and lame playing people with all aces and an all MLB roster while my lineup is filled with silvers and bronzes (now have a gold Frazier). Plus it would be so much more fun having a salary cap and add never ending strategy to the mode. This would also mean NO CREATED PLAYERS in the salary cap league. I understand some people like that, but I am not a fan of them so again it would be able to cater to both types of players.

They could do the cap as simple as total points based on ratings, or they could assign like a money value and you would have to build your lineup like a fantasy lineup. They could even get Draft Kings or something as a sponsor, so there is another possibility for added revenue for SCEA. I really do understand that decisions for game improvements should be made with the thought process of "how could this generate more money" in mind, which is why I include how it could be used to generate more money for the hard working guys over there at SCEA.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Yeah, I've been saying this since the game released. There needs to be team restrictions in ranked mode (salary caps or limited diamond/golds) to promote strategic team building. You should have to make a sacrifice somewhere on your roster to use diamond players.

I'm fine with people being allowed to create a super team in unranked mode. But a salary cap would make the ranked road to the world series much more enjoyable.

Last edited by takki; 06-12-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know why people complain so much about facing all legends or really good players this year. If you played the last couple years you would know it was actually worse. Everyone had 99 overall created pitchers up and down the rotation. And 99 overall hitters up and down the order. This year is actually better in that aspect.

Having said that. I do like the idea of a salary cap. Make it a little more interesting.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

The whole point of this game mode is to build an awesome fantasy team. Having a salary cap and limitations on lineups and pitching rotations completely defeats the purpose of the whole DD mode.

There are other game modes if you don't want to play against super teams. Personally, I love playing against stacked teams because of the challenge, and it's fun for me to play with against guys I grew up watching.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I think that introducing a salary cap would kill this mode. The whole point is to build the best fantasy team you can, and that is what attracts most of us to this mode. A salary cap would probably drive most people away from the mode and it would just die out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »