Home

Putting your created player at catcher is pointless

This is a discussion on Putting your created player at catcher is pointless within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played a game where this dude stole all over me with my 99 arm strength and 99 arm accuracy catcher. The worst part though, is I was slide stepping as well as throwing 98 mph heat up in the zone. No wait that's not the worst part... His fastest player was 85 speed and in total, he had about 7 steals on me. There's really no point for a catcher with good arm strength. I really can't tell the difference between a 99 arm strength and an 80 arm behind the plate, and that's just sad. It's basically saying to ignore defense and put a great hitter at catcher. This needs to be addressed by Sony.

Also I forgot to add, my 99 speed and 99 stealing DD player was thrown about by Stephen Vogt (73 arms strength)

You know what while I'm on this rant, I mine as well talk about the atrocious fielding and tagging animations in the game. Routine fly balls and line drives in the outfield dropped (I really wish they add a strafe button on defense). The catcher can barely get is butt up out of the crouch when some one bunts or hits a slow roller in front of him or down the line and easy outs turn into infield hits. Also, the tagging animations are terrible. There have been plenty of times where I have a guy hung out to dry, and he gets in because my player can't make a simple tag. This especially happens at 3rd base when I have a guy gunned out when he's trying to steal, but nope, slides in untouched with the glitchy tag my guy tries to put on him. Smh this disgusts me as a person actually plays real baseball and follows the sport a lot. These things are routine in the majors, hell even in high school ball. Come on now!
Also what is up with this variable strike zone bs? These calls the umps are making makes it seem like I'm playing rec league ball smh. There should be an option to turn that crap off in the search criteria

Last edited by jayb_270; 06-11-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

Re: Putting your created player at catcher is pointless

We all know that feel, breh

And yeah, I've gotten thrown out with my 99 guy but I can't throw others out. I don't know if it's because people get leads on me but I've had freaking Mike Schmidt steal on me, and this was with me holding down the button as hard as I could and nailing the throw.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
We all know that feel, breh

And yeah, I've gotten thrown out with my 99 guy but I can't throw others out. I don't know if it's because people get leads on me but I've had freaking Mike Schmidt steal on me, and this was with me holding down the button as hard as I could and nailing the throw.

The thing I've had success with the most time is when the catcher short hops the throw. The ball gets there faster and the tag animation is quicker although I don't know what to trigger it manually
Old 06-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
Rookie

snickers95's Arena

I played a game yesterday and my opponent always took an extra 2-3 steps, and I could not pick him off even after like 10 tries. He'd be stealing on me with Harper and Brantley, who I know aren't slow but they were for his team.. And then of course in the 9th inning when I was down by 6 runs I picked him off twice.. lol
Old 06-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers95
I played a game yesterday and my opponent always took an extra 2-3 steps, and I could not pick him off even after like 10 tries. He'd be stealing on me with Harper and Brantley, who I know aren't slow but they were for his team.. And then of course in the 9th inning when I was down by 6 runs I picked him off twice.. lol

If you have a lefty first baseman it's so much easier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

I can't stand that play where the catcher just looks at the ball infront of him while he waits 5 seconds before he takes a damm step.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Also, does anyone know a consistent way to slide head first? I always try pushing my right stick up but I do feet first slides the majority of the time and end up being out
Old 06-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #8
MVP

ph33's Arena

So can anyone educate me on what I'm supposed to do here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqG3KCRXH2k

Killebrew takes one step off the bag. He has 36 speed. I have Johnny Bench at center and don't even come close to throwing him out.

And then you'll see the BS that happens after. I forgot I was playing a complete tool and that I should have just held onto the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »