Home

Sim Stats

This is a discussion on Sim Stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Banned

Coach P's Arena

OVR: 0
Sim Stats

Anyone found a way to get CPU completion % in sim stats up? I just simmed a season to look at stats and I'm seeing that 6 QBs had a completion percentage greater than 60. Last year there were 56 QBs with a completion percentage of at least 60% in the NCAA. This just a broken game mechanic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Sim Stats

I think it is a combination of the game and the rosters/ratings. I'm pretty sure your options are to either raise the awareness for the QBs or lower the awareness for defensive players.

This is something I posted in the "New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor" thread:

Quote:
After doing some analysis, I do think the key to better simulation stats at the beginning of a dynasty is doing some mass edits to lower defensive attributes rather than raise the offensive ones. I compared one of the recent Buffeye Roster releases for the 2014 season to dynasties simmed five years forward so they have only computer-generated players.

I exported all players from the initial file and the file after five years into Excel, sorted them by position, and then averaged the ratings for each player at each position in each attribute.

A few quick notes on findings:
Each and every defensive position averaged a higher awareness rating on the initial roster compared to the roster in five years by anywhere from six to 18 points. I think this is pretty significant. MLBs had the biggest difference, going from 72.26 AWR in the initial file to 54.56 AWR after five years.
Most positions had at least a couple points higher rating on the initial roster in speed, agility, tackling, and pursuit. Might not be as significant, but could still make a bit of a difference.
I think this is why you see better sim stats once you get further and deeper into the dynasty.

From what I've experienced, if you up the AWR to 70+ for every QB (or just add 5-7 points to those already above that), their completion percentages will rise, but they also won't run as much in sim stats (no QB ran for more than 800 yards when I tried this, even the option QBs) and then you see the crazy TD:INT ratios also.

I just think defensive players (especially those on not very good teams) are rated too highly. Using the editor to lower AWR and coverage ratings for most defenders has worked pretty well for me. In the first season I tried this, 37 of the top 50 QBs in pass attempts were at 57% or higher with none of them below 50% and four at 70-72% (Rakeem Cato, Connor Cook, Marcus Mariota, and Bryce Petty).

Doing this basically upped offensive stats across the board, which I think is more accurate to how college football is nowadays. About 12 schools averaged 40+ PPG (highest was Oregon at 47.7) and around the same amount averaged 500+ YPG (highest was Baylor at 587.5). In 2014 real life, 8 schools averaged 40+ PPG and 11 averaged over 500 yards, so fairly close.

It takes a little work, but if you are a stats nerd like me, it is well worth it to take the time to do this so the initial ratings align better with the incoming recruits.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Banned

Coach P's Arena

Interesting. I'll give it a look.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

I change QBs awareness ratings before I start a dynasty. Fr=80, RS FR/SO=85, RS SO/JR=90, RS JR/SR=95 and RS SR=99. Then year 2, I just go and edit all the incoming FR to 80 and just allow progression to take care of the rest. Dynasty was unplayable for me because these completion %s. Editing the awareness has fixed for me for the most part. You can take this formula and edit as you'd like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »