Home

FRANCHISE MODE UNPLAYABLE AUTO SAVE

This is a discussion on FRANCHISE MODE UNPLAYABLE AUTO SAVE within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FRANCHISE MODE UNPLAYABLE AUTO SAVE

This is ridiculous. Happened numerous times already. I played through an entire off season with the red sox, built a team, etc.. Saved right after spring training. Played opening day, 12 inning game, won on a walk off. Got to the auto save screen after game and it froze. Not only did I lose the data for that game, but it corrupted the previous file reverting me back to pre offseason. This still hasn't been addressed and its just maddening

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: FRANCHISE MODE UNPLAYABLE AUTO SAVE

Did you buy the disc or download the game off the playstation network?
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

I am having the same issues. Not only the freezing up, but having the save file erased from the game, meaning bye bye franchise. My copy is a store bought one by the way.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Nothing will be done about the franchise freezing issues. They released patches but they didn't fix them. The patches are done! About the saves disappearing/deleting, just use a USB drive to copy the saves regularly.

This way when one gets deleted just copy it back to PS3 from the flash drive. It's sad that we need to do such extreme measures for this last release for PS3. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Nothing will be done about the franchise freezing issues. They released patches but they didn't fix them. The patches are done! About the saves disappearing/deleting, just use a USB drive to copy the saves regularly.

This way when one gets deleted just copy it back to PS3 from the flash drive. It's sad that we need to do such extreme measures for this last release for PS3. Thanks!
Thanks alot for the response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #6
Rookie

I hadn't played this game since last Monday (and I even hadn't played with any regularity for about two weeks, mainly because all of the bugs have nearly turned me off from franchise play, which is my bread-and-butter with this game). Almost as if it were a chore, I turned on my PS3 today and decided to try MLB 15 again. I hit "check for update" on the home screen half-hoping that there might be a new patch (since they usually drop these patches on Thursdays). And imagine my surprise when I saw "New Update: 1.04"!

"FINALLY," I thought, "they've maybe made this game tolerable!"

As I downloaded/installed, I checked here on Operation Sports for the patch notes. And of course, I stumbled upon this thread and my heart just dropped.

Sad thing is, there's actually a pretty good game here buried underneath these bugs. I've gotten used to the in-game lagging/dropped frames (though it still pisses me off when batting on a 3-2 count with two outs and the frames drop mid-pitch and I strike out because I can't see or time the damn ball!). But the freezing issues are more frustrating. Being denied "an out" or "the continuance or ending of inning" because of lagging is one thing. Being a denied A WHOLE GAME (or much worse, a whole franchise file) because of freezing is way worse.

Here's the two-part workaround I've employed with a pretty high rate of success (but of course you only have to be unsuccessful ONCE to lose the game you just played, or worse, your entire franchise file, so it's not exactly failproof).

[This are for offline Franchise games played by the user]:

1. ALWAYS (for EACH GAME) save and exit your game at some point (I try to remember to do it at the top or bottom of the 9th. This will usually take you back to the franchise calender without incident. Then, simply exit franchise which will return you to the home screen. You can then go straight to "Continue Franchise" and reload the "in-game save" file you just created. Now you have a start-point in the 9th inning of that game near completion.

Best Case Scenario, the game plays out to its end and doesn't freeze when it returns you to the calendar screen for your franchise. (Save you game again at this point, of course.)

Worst Case Scenario: the games ends, you exit, and the PS3 freezes upon returning to the calendar screen. So now you've lost that last inning/half-inning (or extra-innings) that you just played. (This really sucks if you had a great walkoff ending, but that's the situation we're dealing with here.) Hard-reset and load up that in-game save in the 9th inning again. You're back where you started, and cross your fingers that you'll get the Best Case Scenario now (you almost certainly will; I've never had two freezes in a row).

The major drawback here is that it ruins the end-game highlight reel feature that they added back to the game with the 1st patch. When load up an in-game-save, all the end-game highlights that finally on the reel are POST- the point of the original in-game save. (That's often going to be just the final out.) So sorry; no more highlight reel if you use this workaround. But it's a relatively small price to pay for preserving whatever time, energy, and genuine interest you just put into playing 8+ innings of a game, in my opinion.

2. TURN OFF AUTO-SAVE. IMMEDIATELY. RIGHT NOW.

Considering how destructive this freezing bug has been, there's no point in ever using it. Please note that the only times I've personally had franchise files deleted with this game was when I was using Auto Save. It happened twice and then I disabled it. The good news is, when using the in-game-exit-and-save method I described above, I have NEVER had a franchise file deleted, even though the game roughly freezes upon returning the calendar 10%-20% of time in my experience. Every time that I've done the hard reset after the freezing, the In-Game-Save file I had created minutes earlier had been preserved.

That's the best I've been able to do to deal with this. It's worked well enough, but the only scary part is when you get TOO MUCH INTO a good gaming experience and you only realize after you've gotten the final out of an exciting game that YOU'VE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN TO SAVE-AND-EXIT AT A PREVIOUS POINT! I get terrified when that happens and I quickly try to exit the post-game to see if returns me to the calendar screen without a freezing incident. Again, about 10%-20% it'll freeze on you, and the hour spent playing a game so fun that you forgot to save along the way will have been for naught. But 80%-90% of the time, you'll reach the calendar screen without incident. Then can exhale, collect yourself, and promptly save that last game you played.

SOOOO FRUSTRATING this whole thing is, and I can't believe they haven't fixed it. Really blows my mind. But I guess we're just going to have to make do with a significantly-flawed, though otherwise pretty-excellent last gen release, becuase I don't remember there being any patches after June for MLB 14 (at least not for PS3).

I guess this game only cost $40 for a reason.

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:46 AM   #7
Rookie

gameaddict4life's Arena

OVR: 2

I just recently downloaded and installed the latest 1.04 patch too. I played a Live game as the Pirates to see if you know who got a haircut and nope! Also the game I played had the worst freezing I've experienced to date. It seemed to occur in all facets of the game where before it was just during pitching and batting. For the first time the game froze with the ball in midair and unfroze just before hitting the catchers glove. Wow. So perhaps the latest patch made things even worse? I've heard about not signing into PSN to fix the freezing problems but then the whole rewards system and profile go out the window so that's not really an option. Next time I will try to boot the game up and then sign into PSN, perhaps that will do something.

At any rate this game has been a pretty big disappointment. I actually found another baseball game called Super Mega Baseball that's a lot of fun. The devs just put out the first patch for it too and it actually fixes a bunch of things and makes an already great game even better. The game is also on both PS3 and PS4 and you get both with one purchase. Sometimes simpler and smaller is better.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict4life
I just recently downloaded and installed the latest 1.04 patch too. I played a Live game as the Pirates to see if you know who got a haircut and nope! Also the game I played had the worst freezing I've experienced to date. It seemed to occur in all facets of the game where before it was just during pitching and batting. For the first time the game froze with the ball in midair and unfroze just before hitting the catchers glove. Wow. So perhaps the latest patch made things even worse? I've heard about not signing into PSN to fix the freezing problems but then the whole rewards system and profile go out the window so that's not really an option. Next time I will try to boot the game up and then sign into PSN, perhaps that will do something.

At any rate this game has been a pretty big disappointment. I actually found another baseball game called Super Mega Baseball that's a lot of fun. The devs just put out the first patch for it too and it actually fixes a bunch of things and makes an already great game even better. The game is also on both PS3 and PS4 and you get both with one purchase. Sometimes simpler and smaller is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairCatchMANIA
I hadn't played this game since last Monday (and I even hadn't played with any regularity for about two weeks, mainly because all of the bugs have nearly turned me off from franchise play, which is my bread-and-butter with this game). Almost as if it were a chore, I turned on my PS3 today and decided to try MLB 15 again. I hit "check for update" on the home screen half-hoping that there might be a new patch (since they usually drop these patches on Thursdays). And imagine my surprise when I saw "New Update: 1.04"!

"FINALLY," I thought, "they've maybe made this game tolerable!"

As I downloaded/installed, I checked here on Operation Sports for the patch notes. And of course, I stumbled upon this thread and my heart just dropped.

Sad thing is, there's actually a pretty good game here buried underneath these bugs. I've gotten used to the in-game lagging/dropped frames (though it still pisses me off when batting on a 3-2 count with two outs and the frames drop mid-pitch and I strike out because I can't see or time the damn ball!). But the freezing issues are more frustrating. Being denied "an out" or "the continuance or ending of inning" because of lagging is one thing. Being a denied A WHOLE GAME (or much worse, a whole franchise file) because of freezing is way worse.

Here's the two-part workaround I've employed with a pretty high rate of success (but of course you only have to be unsuccessful ONCE to lose the game you just played, or worse, your entire franchise file, so it's not exactly failproof).

[This are for offline Franchise games played by the user]:

1. ALWAYS (for EACH GAME) save and exit your game at some point (I try to remember to do it at the top or bottom of the 9th. This will usually take you back to the franchise calender without incident. Then, simply exit franchise which will return you to the home screen. You can then go straight to "Continue Franchise" and reload the "in-game save" file you just created. Now you have a start-point in the 9th inning of that game near completion.

Best Case Scenario, the game plays out to its end and doesn't freeze when it returns you to the calendar screen for your franchise. (Save you game again at this point, of course.)

Worst Case Scenario: the games ends, you exit, and the PS3 freezes upon returning to the calendar screen. So now you've lost that last inning/half-inning (or extra-innings) that you just played. (This really sucks if you had a great walkoff ending, but that's the situation we're dealing with here.) Hard-reset and load up that in-game save in the 9th inning again. You're back where you started, and cross your fingers that you'll get the Best Case Scenario now (you almost certainly will; I've never had two freezes in a row).

The major drawback here is that it ruins the end-game highlight reel feature that they added back to the game with the 1st patch. When load up an in-game-save, all the end-game highlights that finally on the reel are POST- the point of the original in-game save. (That's often going to be just the final out.) So sorry; no more highlight reel if you use this workaround. But it's a relatively small price to pay for preserving whatever time, energy, and genuine interest you just put into playing 8+ innings of a game, in my opinion.

2. TURN OFF AUTO-SAVE. IMMEDIATELY. RIGHT NOW.

Considering how destructive this freezing bug has been, there's no point in ever using it. Please note that the only times I've personally had franchise files deleted with this game was when I was using Auto Save. It happened twice and then I disabled it. The good news is, when using the in-game-exit-and-save method I described above, I have NEVER had a franchise file deleted, even though the game roughly freezes upon returning the calendar 10%-20% of time in my experience. Every time that I've done the hard reset after the freezing, the In-Game-Save file I had created minutes earlier had been preserved.

That's the best I've been able to do to deal with this. It's worked well enough, but the only scary part is when you get TOO MUCH INTO a good gaming experience and you only realize after you've gotten the final out of an exciting game that YOU'VE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN TO SAVE-AND-EXIT AT A PREVIOUS POINT! I get terrified when that happens and I quickly try to exit the post-game to see if returns me to the calendar screen without a freezing incident. Again, about 10%-20% it'll freeze on you, and the hour spent playing a game so fun that you forgot to save along the way will have been for naught. But 80%-90% of the time, you'll reach the calendar screen without incident. Then can exhale, collect yourself, and promptly save that last game you played.

SOOOO FRUSTRATING this whole thing is, and I can't believe they haven't fixed it. Really blows my mind. But I guess we're just going to have to make do with a significantly-flawed, though otherwise pretty-excellent last gen release, becuase I don't remember there being any patches after June for MLB 14 (at least not for PS3).

I guess this game only cost $40 for a reason.

Good luck!
Have you guys tried reverting back to pre-patch installation? That's something I'm going to try & do to see what happens. I know there was quite a bit of stuff in both patches but hey maybe we need to just go back to default settings for the game. At least the freezing & deletion of files might not happen. I'm going to try it & see if it helps anything. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »