Home

Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

This is a discussion on Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2015, 04:36 AM   #1
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

I get it. I get it. Durant could very well be the best shooter in the nba (when healthy) besides steph. I get it. Russell is a beast. I get it, you released patch 4 to shut up the millions of little children who see these 3 point snipers on highlight reels draining 5-6 threes in a game like its nothing. But those same kids don't really watch the games. If they did they would see steph go 2-15 from deep last night and essentially give up the game because they believe even a long 2 is better than 3 feet away from the basket.

But OS, as a community, we cannot let this abomination that 2k calls defense stand. Too long has the cpu been banging in the paint, unchecked, grabbing offensive rebound after offensive rebound, sometimes 3-4 in a row to ensure they get a bucket or a foul. Too long have i watched my bigs get posterized for the sake of an adolescent teen thinking he has 2 options on offense, zig zag for a 3 or use the zig zag for an easy bucket inside.

No more do i care to see a cpu or human opponent go unchecked! I say for the love of the glove! For Gary Payton! For Scottie pippen! For kurt rambis! For kevin garnett! For ron artest! For Tony allen! Let's pray! Let's hope! For the love of basketball! Let defense raise hell in 2k16! Let no more sliding, unnecessary slow reaction times, no morphing or ball passing through a hand, leg, even a full torso! Let big men be feared again! Let all hell rain loose on the ballhog! For team basketball will rise again! Through defense shall the crowd be silenced, amen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

Defense has been getting disrespected since 2k12. Slow paint rotations, CPU controlled defenders are invisible , bigs known for protecting the rim getting dunked on left and right, horrible ice skating when trying to play onball defense, removal of defensive shading etc etc

Offense gets overpowered post and paint driving animations and 2k puts out a patch to make the lowest % shot in the NBA the easiest shot to take in 2k . their counter .... Defensive assist and auto shot contest smh
Old 06-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I get it. I get it. Durant could very well be the best shooter in the nba (when healthy) besides steph. I get it. Russell is a beast. I get it, you released patch 4 to shut up the millions of little children who see these 3 point snipers on highlight reels draining 5-6 threes in a game like its nothing. But those same kids don't really watch the games. If they did they would see steph go 2-15 from deep last night and essentially give up the game because they believe even a long 2 is better than 3 feet away from the basket.

But OS, as a community, we cannot let this abomination that 2k calls defense stand. Too long has the cpu been banging in the paint, unchecked, grabbing offensive rebound after offensive rebound, sometimes 3-4 in a row to ensure they get a bucket or a foul. Too long have i watched my bigs get posterized for the sake of an adolescent teen thinking he has 2 options on offense, zig zag for a 3 or use the zig zag for an easy bucket inside.

No more do i care to see a cpu or human opponent go unchecked! I say for the love of the glove! For Gary Payton! For Scottie pippen! For kurt rambis! For kevin garnett! For ron artest! For Tony allen! Let's pray! Let's hope! For the love of basketball! Let defense raise hell in 2k16! Let no more sliding, unnecessary slow reaction times, no morphing or ball passing through a hand, leg, even a full torso! Let big men be feared again! Let all hell rain loose on the ballhog! For team basketball will rise again! Through defense shall the crowd be silenced, amen.

A little weird to be using Durant and Steph as examples. Curry scored 22 in 6 minutes just two seasons ago and Klay scored 37 in 12 just this past year.

Scoring outbursts happen. They just shouldn't happen so often and mechanics that reward team over hero ball needs to be introduced and strengthened.

I hope Beluba's hints on chemistry being in next years' game hints to a system I've always wanted to see-- where a MyCareer-like teammate grade affects the performance of players on court as does their touches. Something like this would affect every aspect of the game, from quick games to MyTeam (no superstar teams without concern for egos and fit) to MyGM.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Screw playing online in this game. Everyone picks the same 3 teams and jacks with 2 or 3 players.

It's not basketball.

And of course you're gonna get the cornballs who say "don't expect sim online" like we're supposed to just be content with garbage.

Before the patch the game was fine. Now all you gotta do is get half an inch of space and shoot a midrange and you're gravy. I'm bout to start recording how dumb this looks. I have Robert Covington, Nerlens, and Embiid contesting shots all game on KD, sometimes all 3 at the same time and he hits everything.

-Allen Iverson
Old 06-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Screw playing online in this game. Everyone picks the same 3 teams and jacks with 2 or 3 players.

It's not basketball.

And of course you're gonna get the cornballs who say "don't expect sim online" like we're supposed to just be content with garbage.

Before the patch the game was fine. Now all you gotta do is get half an inch of space and shoot a midrange and you're gravy. I'm bout to start recording how dumb this looks. I have Robert Covington, Nerlens, and Embiid contesting shots all game on KD, sometimes all 3 at the same time and he hits everything.
Omer asik post fade jumpers are the best slap in the face I have ever seen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Defense has been getting disrespected since 2k12. Slow paint rotations, CPU controlled defenders are invisible , bigs known for protecting the rim getting dunked on left and right, horrible ice skating when trying to play onball defense, removal of defensive shading etc etc

Offense gets overpowered post and paint driving animations and 2k puts out a patch to make the lowest % shot in the NBA the easiest shot to take in 2k . their counter .... Defensive assist and auto shot contest smh

All of this. Alley oop is overpowering too. Also, when I'm defending against a fastbreak and if I get bumped the offense gets an easy layup/dunk.

Defense is definitely not focused on too much.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Metapod's Arena

i 100% agree with your point but your choice in player for your point is terrible
Old 06-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I'm not saying that kd can't shoot, or that scoring bursts don't happen. I'm asking, nay begging, for us to be able to do something about it. I quit and simmed the game and kd scored 23 points total. I'm saying in career i play pg and couldn't leave Russell so i had to watch kd just drain shot after shot. Which is fine, but contested, not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »