Home

IS it me or is the PF/Center spots in the rec IGNORED by everyone?

This is a discussion on IS it me or is the PF/Center spots in the rec IGNORED by everyone? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
IS it me or is the PF/Center spots in the rec IGNORED by everyone?

everytime i use my big guy ( i normally play PG till i get bored) i notice that unless the PG is a friend or has some BBALL knowledge , im NOT GETTING THE BALL ALL GAME.

from being in parties and post game hate messages when i lose a game for us due to lack of touches ( i have a motto that if we are going to play like idiots, we dont deserve to win) i noticed that most casuals see the big men only as 1 thing.

"you are there to rebound for me"

WTF? like i cant tell you how many times i have had a "Mouse in the House" sitaution where my PG just looked me off and decided to jack a 3 on 2 people obviously missing ...... i sent a guy a message once telling him to pass the ball. and he responded, im a scoring PG, Not Passing. like YO. why are you the Point? EVEN WESTBROOK PASSES.

in the last 2 games i played 3 games i played i only manged to get the ball 9 times. 2 of which were hail mary turnovers <_<. like WTF is that.

the only time i seen a PF/C not be ignored is when hes camping the 3 point line all game like Pero Antic. but apperently if i wanatry to be a real big, and grit and grind in the paint. im never seeing the ball.

i wish there was a way to get a bigger reward for this or something. cause its really killing the game for me as a BIG.

then people wonder why BIGS go out of there way to ruin a game.

Last edited by Ownal0t; 06-06-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Re: IS it me or is the PF/Center spots in the rec IGNORED by everyone?

yea bigs never get the ball if you play with randoms. Its even more apparent post patch 4 since there is no point in passing it to a big for an easy bucket because everyone can shoot 90% on jumpers.

Patch 4 really destroyed any kind of basketball strategy needed in the rec.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Lol. Whenever they force my 6'6 SG to play PG I always start the game by driving and hitting the PF/C in the paint for easy baskets. I usually don't get to touch the ball again after that. Most players at the rec have no basketball knowledge and would rather inbound it to the PF/C and have him jack up stepback 3s than to have him get easy lobs and rim runs.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

I feel you, the only time I would get the ball is when I'm camping on the three point line or when I'm cutting and even then they rarely do.

The funny thing is that the post fade is usually money and that's just one effective post move.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Yea, most perimeter players don't know how to throw an entry pass to a big. They feel like they can get a better shot by dribble crosses and behind the back and step back. They think that big man post moves are worse move when actually they are just as good if not better. They don't understand real basketball and that a big who could work the post is lethal. They don't sit their and say let's throw it down and let my big put in work. When I play with Randoms I will sit on the block with a guy posted up and NEVER get the ball. That a prime scoring position for me. Just like Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan, malone, Dave Rob and Ewing use to do. Perimeter players in 2k are mostly selfish and have low bball IQ to utilize their big man. U have to run with a squad and gain their trust then you will get the ball more in the post. My squad hit me down there. Sometime they over feed me. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Rookie

http://xboxclips.com/RusDids29/31bf9...c-a430946402f9
Old 06-07-2015, 12:22 AM   #7
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

I play a center exclusively and have noticed this as well, but like what someone said before why pass it inside and miss layups when people can shoot 90% from beyond the arc. Thats why I just play 2v2 now they are forced to pass it to me in that and most people are not willing to shoot 3s in 2v2

Last edited by adamspag; 06-07-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:02 AM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Because contested threes go in more than semi contested layups
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »