Home

What features are you most wanting to see in CFM?

This is a discussion on What features are you most wanting to see in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
What features are you most wanting to see in CFM?

I made a list of the top 5 most requested features for CFM and passed them along to Kolbe & John White, two main devs for CFM now. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree with this list and what else you think the community wants most in CFM in M16,17, and so on, and I'll try to get your requests to them as more things are listed.

In order I said....

1. Formation Subs & Defensive Assignments
2. Edit draft classes
3. Scores & Stats Ticker
4. Weekly Wrap Up Show
5. Off & Def Coordinators(coaching carousel)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: What features are you most wanting to see in CFM?

Studio Updates similar to NCAA 14. The rest of the list I like

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I made a list of the top 5 most requested features for CFM and passed them along to Kolbe & John White, two main devs for CFM now. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree with this list and what else you think the community wants most in CFM in M16,17, and so on, and I'll try to get your requests to them as more things are listed.

In order I said....

1. Formation Subs & Defensive Assignments
2. Edit draft classes
3. Scores & Stats Ticker
4. Weekly Wrap Up Show
5. Off & Def Coordinators(coaching carousel)

I would pick, of the above 5 listed, numbers 1, 2, and 5 as being my most important...Bottom line for me is, as long as gameplay is improved it spills into other areas to make them more enjoyable or at least tolerable.

I believe AI trade logic falls under gameplay, if not, I would add better AI logic into the top five..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-05-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Studio Updates similar to NCAA 14. The rest of the list I like
There is so much from NCAA 14 that, if injected into Madden, would make it 100 times better...
Old 06-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I would pick, of the above 5 listed, numbers 1, 2, and 5 as being my most important...Bottom line for me is, as long as gameplay is improved it spills into other areas to make them more enjoyable or at least tolerable.

I believe AI trade logic falls under gameplay, if not, I would add better AI logic into the top five..
I think you will like what they're doing with gameplay this year, it's not everything I want but it's a lot of improvement across the board not just one or two things they added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm not including formation subs / package personnel system / tiered play calling / whatever as a CFM request because based on previous information it's a responsibility of the core gameplay team to add that sort of thing, not the CFM team.

With that said:

- tracking of advanced analytics statistics such as Win Probability Added, Expected Points Added, Success Count, and Success Rate; use those statistics as modifiers for XP rewards to limit "XP grinding" by placing more emphasis on stats earned in situations which actually helped contribute to a team victory (and also provide big XP bonuses for clutch plays; example, Malcolm Bulter's Super Bowl INT was worth a gigantic +0.82 WPA for the Patriots or something like that, his XP reward for making a game-winning play on such a high stage should arguably be very large).
- 10-man practice squad
- contract restructure mechanic (convert current year's base salary into a signing bonus to free cap room in the current year at the expense of future years' cap space)
- fifth-year team option in rookie contracts for first-round draft picks
- restricted free agency and exclusive right free agency
- compensatory draft picks
- more robust injury system (ratings affected, "Probable" / "Questionable" / "Doubtful" / "Out" statuses)
- full player editing (limit to commissioner in online leagues, make player ratings edits public in an online league)
- full draft class editing
- more interesting contract negotiation, players should present counter-offers
- full coaching staffs / coaching carousel

Basically, I want more gameplay mechanics which draw from the real life NFL, and I care about that more than presentation.

Last edited by Hooe; 06-05-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #7
Rookie

RW Nole's Arena

OVR: 4

In the interest of time I'll just list my top 3:

1. Full editing capabilities within offline CFM that mirror that of NCAA 14. Let me add or remove dreads, let me change height/weight, skin tone, names, attributes, etc. Let me edit everything so I can create the gaming experience that suits me. This should include editable draft classes. I understand why all of these changes may not work in online CFM's but can I please play offline the way I'd like to play....PLEASE?!?!?!?

2. Formation sub (there's just no excuse for this to not be in the game)

3. More realistic goals (Why does my 3rd string WR need 115 catches to reach a goal? Why does my back up DT need 45 tackles?)
Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Nole
In the interest of time I'll just list my top 3:

1. Full editing capabilities within offline CFM that mirror that of NCAA 14. Let me add or remove dreads, let me change height/weight, skin tone, names, attributes, etc. Let me edit everything so I can create the gaming experience that suits me. This should include editable draft classes. I understand why all of these changes may not work in online CFM's but can I please play offline the way I'd like to play....PLEASE?!?!?!?

2. Formation sub (there's just no excuse for this to not be in the game)

3. More realistic goals (Why does my 3rd string WR need 115 catches to reach a goal? Why does my back up DT need 45 tackles?)
3. Was addressed this year I believe, I know the goals were adjusted and lowered but idk about the specific example you gave. Keep in mind these are goals not requirements, really only the first tier is something you can probably say you'd need to achieve. A goal is something you're supposed to go after, not a requirement to succeed.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-05-2015 at 10:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »