Home

People still abusing the bunts and steals online

This is a discussion on People still abusing the bunts and steals online within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Thumbs down People still abusing the bunts and steals online

How many perfect bunts can you freaking land in a row? and how can you keep stealing bases even when your opponent pitches out.

Was the patch just for show? Perfect bunt towards 3rd base....like if it was nothing.

Can't deal with this anymore.

This dude I just played just kept bunting against Niekro...just pure cheese, Had to turn off my PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: People still abusing the bunts and steals online

Yeah it takes absolutely no skill to play this way and these folks aren't going to improve their game.

I had someone score 4 runs on me at the start of the game last night because of bunt and steal nonsense. I admit, I started playing careless and let things get out of hand but it was because I simply lost interest.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

ya i just played a guy who kept pulling this off, i had to quit the game because it was just making me angry. it really sucks that some players just have to ruin it for everyone else because they just want to cheese win.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

I dont bunt ever unless its the pitcher or winning run on base.I cant stand these guys that just bunt and steal all game. I use the bunt defense and pitch out but its impossible to throw someone out with high speed. Once they get on they just steal 2nd and 3rd its that easy. Stealing needs to be alot harder to achive its a freaking joke.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

Who is your third baseman? I usually have Manny Machado at 3rd because he has great reaction and decent speed ratings as well as a very strong arm. I will also pause the game as soon as it starts and anybody on the opposing roster that has over 80 speed (minus created guys), I automatically put my 3B at cover drag bunt depth. This almost eliminates every single would be perfect bunt and it forces my opponent to either swing away or try and get one down first which is covered easily by pitcher or catcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 11:23 PM   #6
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Who is your third baseman? I usually have Manny Machado at 3rd because he has great reaction and decent speed ratings as well as a very strong arm. I will also pause the game as soon as it starts and anybody on the opposing roster that has over 80 speed (minus created guys), I automatically put my 3B at cover drag bunt depth. This almost eliminates every single would be perfect bunt and it forces my opponent to either swing away or try and get one down first which is covered easily by pitcher or catcher.
You should be putting bunt defense on for created players as well. Higher ranked cheesers bunt with them. As good as a triple with 99 speed and 99 baserunning.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Haven't had it happen to me yet, but then again I've only played 9 gms of play now. Got so sick of these non skilled players keeping gm close in last yrs gm that I decided I wasn't going to play online ranked gms this yr unless I was totally bored. I don't play DD at all. This yr it's been basically online lgs where there are rules against that bs play. Truthfully online lgs is the only way to enjoy this gm and not have to worry about all the cheese.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing the bunt defense option (1B also in) might be better if they aim their bunts to the 1B side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »